Our client is an international organisation that manages the grant-giving programmes of charitable entities by providing strategic advice on programmes and offers them a full array of grant management services.
This is a full-time position taking day-to-day direction from the Grant Manager for Uganda and Zimbabwe and reporting regularly to the Regional Director.
Handling of Incoming Grant Applications
- Confirm receipt of grant applications or enquiries and send out grant application forms where appropriate
- Discuss new applications with Grant Manager and request additional information from applicant when necessary
- Enter applications in the database and update as needed
- Send out regret letters if application is declined and approval letters if application is granted
(Financial) Follow up of approved applications in accordance with procedures
- Prepare synopsis of the application according to guidelines.
- Prepare applications for presentation to the staff meeting
- Enter accurate bank information
- Prepare payment letters for final approval
- Schedule payments in Salesforce -database
- Review of audited financial documents to assess financial health of organizations in collaboration with Grant Manager
Monitor and Updating for Project Database to ensure timely actions
- Monitor due dates for reports and follow up.
- Monitor scheduled payments in the event of multi-year grants
- Monitor and follow up on pending applications in consultation with Grant Manager
- File digital or hard copy of all relevant documents related to active projects
- Archive projects that have been closed
General and Administrative Support of Grant Manager
- Organize travel arrangements for Grant Manager: arrange meetings with partners, book flights and hotels, put together itineraries, compose a travel guide with route and comprehensive information of projects to be visited
- Provide Grant Manager with analysis from Salesforce MIS such as number of grants to specific program area, upon request or pro-actively
- Handle all incoming (e)mail and phone calls
- Organize meetings with (potential) partners, coordinate papers for meetings (e.g. project write ups)
- Assist in preparation of presentations, internal and external
- Coordinator expense report
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in high-level project assistant, secretarial or organizational function. At least two years of this experience should be with an international organization or NGO
- Experience working in Uganda, Zimbabwe preferred
- Demonstrated experience and skills in all aspects of office administration procedures
- Experience in IT and database administration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office especially Word, Power Point, Outlook and Excel
- Strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize and manage time
- Fluent in written and oral English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work and interact with people from diverse, professional , social and cultural backgrounds
- Experience in providing general support in a small team and an experienced team player
- Can work autonomously, effectively managing workload without continual guidance
- Energetic, willing and ‘can do’ attitude