International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) provides monitoring and evaluation services to USAID Kenya and East Africa (USAID/KEA) Office of Health, Population and Nutrition (HPN) and is implemented by discrete task orders. The ESPS team will conduct county institutional capacity assessments in 5 counties of Kenya (Busia, Kakamega, Migori, Mombasa, and Turkana). The HPN Office selected these priority counties based on their current health portfolio investments (HIV/AIDS, RMNCAH, Nutrition, Malaria and Health Systems Strengthening).
This county institutional capacity assessment is therefore expected to analyze the “what” and “how to” strategies used; facilitate subject matter experts panel discussions (individually and through validation
workshops); and document workshop outputs into well synthesized strategic directions for future programming. Discussions on the future “what” and “the how” program implementation strategies and their cost feasibilities will form part of this panel analysis.
- Conduct county institutional assessments as part of a team of County Institutional Capacity Assessment Facilitators;
- Must use HPN’s County Institutional Capacity Assessment Tool as the only approved data collection tool;
- Coordinate assessments in conjunction with the Team Leader and team to ensure that the assessments run smoothly;
- Help generate substantive critical gaps, develop action plans that detail responsibility for each key stakeholder, and spells out illustrative explanations of the “what” and the “how to”strategies to address each prioritized critical gap;
- In conjunction with the county stakeholders, agree on the measures of success.
- Assist in the analysis of all data collected for meaningful results; and
- Assist with the writing of a high quality assessment report;
- Actively participate in the validation workshop.
- Local senior Social Scientist with very strong coordination, communication and negotiation skills;
- Experienced in senior-level engagements with senior public officials in the public sector, preferably with county governments;
- Experienced in facilitating stakeholders in developing joint consensus-building and strategic plans (highly desirable);
- Have a master’s degree in Public Health or similar field;
- Has significant experience in public sector management, experience in managing diverse stakeholders’ interests and developing joint consensus in difficult contexts;
- Possess 10 years of experience related to organizational development and/or public sector institutional capacity building involving many stakeholders;
- Possess experience in drafting assessment reports;
- Be a team consensus builder.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) career website on careers2-ibtci.icims.com to apply