Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africas most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage
About the Role
Andelas Internship programmes provide a chance for brilliant minds to kick start their careers in a company that offers world class experience in everything we do. The Guest Relations and Travel intern will offer support to the department in managing logistics around the key aspects of incoming and outgoing travel.
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist in liaising with all other Andela Centers to ensure that adequate notice is given for all scheduled travel
- Help in ensuring that the intended personnel traveling has all necessary documentation required for travel
- Arranging and follow-up for all necessary documentation and requirements to facilitate travel, e.g. Passports, Invite letters, Visas, Yellow fever, Tickets, Insurance etc. Experience in dealing with processing of passports and visas is not a requirement but would be an added advantage.
- Liaising with all departments to ensure the travelling personnel has everything they need for purposes of their travel.
- Liaising with other centers to ensure they are prepared to receive the travelling personnel.
- Helping to ensure we give the different centers adequate support to facilitate the travel of their personnel or proposed guests to Andela Kenya on request.
- Assisting in receiving all incoming guests and ensuring that we can cater for all special needs as and when they come in.
- Following up with guests to ensure they complete surveys that can guide us on how and where to improve.
- Updating the guest schedule
- Updating departments and/or personnel that may be required to provide support in ensuring the success of a visit.
- Assisting in Internal communication to the Andela Kenya community on oncoming guests
- Any other duties as may be assigned
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Andela career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply