If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
iWayAfrica is a leading African ISP, offering solutions over satellite, fibre optic and wireless networks. iWayAfrica’s expertise lies in designing, installing and operating networks to suit customers’ requirements.
The Group currently services over 67,000 corporate subscribers and over 20,000 consumer subscribers across Sub-Saharan Africa.
Through our own primary operations, distributor and affiliate network across the continent, our direct presence spans across 44 African countries.
A key player in the telecommunication sector based in Nairobi wishes to recruit a self-driven Commercial Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day sales operations focusing on the long-term interests of the business.
The person will also be responsible for development of new business opportunities, managing the commercial team, leading in marketing activities and client management.
- Ensure achievement of the Annual Sales Budget/Targets.
- Design, Implement and Execute annual Sales & Marketing Business Strategy for the company
- Support and input into the Group Commercial initiatives
- Prepare and submit plans, budgets, progress and annual marketing development reports
- Brand management to ensure country wide brand visibility and equity
- Develop a Pricing Strategy that will optimize company returns whilst ensuring competitive advantage
- Monitor market trends and customer needs for Product Development and Launch purposes
- Collaborative with product development specialists to design, develop and ensure that our products and services meet and exceed customer expectations
- Manage the Public Relations, Promotion and Advertising Agencies and Partners.
- Management of relevant internal & external stakeholders
- Staff management, motivation, training, recruitment and selection.
- Manage Service Levels Agreements with Clients
- Research competitors’ offerings and mitigate their impact on the company
- Implement short- and long-term goals, objectives and operating procedures
- Provide feedback to management regarding customer needs, market dynamics and competitive assessments
- Relevant degree qualification with a bias towards IT, Sales & Marketing
- Must be technology savvy either by technical qualification of working experience
- Good understanding of the ICT value chain
- Proven track record of sterling performance in Sales & good network-building skills
- Possess at least a minimum of 5 years experience in an ICT environment
- Target driven and MUST meet monthly, and quarterly financial deliverables
- Strong existing networks of the Corporate and Enterprise market
- A member of a relevant marketing body
- Excellent communication, presentation skills & interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Strong problem analysis, judgment and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated mature leadership skills for at least 3 years.
- Hands on person who lead by example
- Valid passport.
- Job will entail travelling
- Work long and extended hours
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants who wish to be considered for the positions are invited to direct their applications specifying the position applied for in the “subject line of the email” to:
So as to be received latest by Friday November 18, 2017 attaching a detailed CV stating age, education, professional qualifications, relevant work experience, current remuneration, names and addresses of three referees.