Assistant Manager at Tamambo - Tamarind Group
Posted on: 9 November, 2017
Deadline: 7 December, 2017
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Tamarind Group
Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based at Tamambo Karen Blixen.
- Operations: Co-ordinate the operations of various sections of Tamarind/Tamambo Karen Blixen and ensure all areas are well maintained.
- Supervisory roles: Ensure all staff maintain high level of discipline, are well groomed and always in full uniform. Also ensure service of food and beverage is professional, personalized and in line with Tamarind Group’s SOPs
- Appraisals: Conduct regular appraisals of Tamarind/Tamambo Karen Blixen staff
- Spot Checks: Conducts frequent spot checks of the bar and kitchen stocks and supervise the monthly stock take
- Events coordination: Organize special events and oversee running of night shows at Tamarind/Tamambo Karen Blixen
- Recipes: Maintains an up to date kitchen recipe file and constantly see to menu to menu engineering and give recommendations.
- Cost control: Ensure the food and beverage cost is maintained as per the budget by checking the daily catering reports and taking appropriate action whenever necessary.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
- Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management from Utalii College or any other reputable institution.
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry is required.
- 7 years management experience from reputable hotels or restaurants.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Skilled in creating analyzing and understanding reports/budgets.
- Personality: Outgoing, bubbly personality, naturally a people’s person
Method of Application
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com The application deadline is 7th December 2017
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Tamarind GroupSimilar Jobs
- Accounts Graduate Trainee Program at Tamarind Group
- Accountant at Trattoria
- Head Chef at Trattoria
- Accountants at ICT Authority
- Executive Chef at Dusit International
- Assistant Purchasing Manager at Fairmont Hotels & Resort
- Director of Sales at TravelClick
- Job Vacancies at an International Restaurant - Recours Four Kenya