If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
British American Tobacco - Few companies founded in 1902 are still going from strength to strength. Fewer still are leaders in more than 55 markets. And with one billion adult smokers around the world, we manufacture the cigarettes chosen by around one in eight of them. We take our business and our impact very seriously.
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Finance (Accounts Payable) Intern to join our team in Nairobi.
To execute the delivery of specific elements of accounts payable tasks ensuring a high level of accuracy and timeliness. The job holder will need to ensure process compliance so that source system data is complete and accurate as well as adhering to policies, procedures and accounting standards.
- Ensure invoices are properly coded and fulfil the legal fiscal and regulatory requirements of an invoice.
- Scan the invoices in the Optical Character Reader (OCR) system accurately and in time to avoid any delays in supplier payments.
- Follow up with suppliers for month end statements and undertake supplier reconciliations.
- Ensure that all manual finance documents are stored in line with records management policies and retrieve these in a timely manner when requested by approvers, internal and external auditors.
- Address and meet supplier information requests in a timely and accurate manner
- Build effective relationships with the remote shared service teams to ensure that scanned invoices are posted correctly within agreed timelines .
- Coordinate with both remote shared service teams to update the master data entries for vendors as and when the need arises
- Prepare withholding tax and withholding VAT entries.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Finance or Accounting
- CPA (K) Finalist or ACCA Finalist
- Good understanding of computer software packages like Microsoft Word, Advanced excel
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Working knowledge of SAP is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Company Law and Tax regulations
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to British American Tobacco (BAT) career website on krb-xjobs.brassring.com to apply