Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services.
“Africa is our home, we drive her growth”
Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in sub‑Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC).
Support the Manager (Branch) in providing effective customer service by managing routine compliance, physical security of the branch and bank assets, query and problem resolution, routine aspects of new business and account maintenance, efficiency of communication channels, relationship maintenance, levels of authority, cost control (budget) as well as management of the service support team.
Proactively identify and assess the risks faced by the branch and maintain an effective system of controls to reduce the overall exposure. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Customer service Ensure that customer problems and queries are resolved within laid-down time frames to the satisfaction of the customer. Ensure reduced numbers of recurring queries of similar nature due to effective root cause analyses and the actioning thereof in terms of standards.
- Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel. Ensure that opportunities to migrate customers to more appropriate, cost-effective channels are identified and actioned.
- Ensure efficient, customer-orientated switchboard and telephone procedures. Ensure that Irregular Items are actioned daily.
- Legislative compliance Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with prudential guidelines under the CBK act and standard bank KYC compliance and KBA
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of prudential guidelines under the CBK act and standard bank KYC compliance and KBA
- Risk management Identify major risks affecting the support function and ensure the necessary steps are taken to measure, monitor and control these risks.
- Ensure maintenance of an effective control structure, with control activities defined at each level and duties appropriately segregated.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness.
- Recommend revision of controls to Provincial Operations, where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks.
- Maintain a culture within the support area that emphasizes and demonstrates the importance of internal control to all staff.
- Ensure that all routine controls relating to new business are applied effectively, with particular emphasis on routine compliance.
- Ensure effective compliance with agreed limits of authority and levels of access to systems and information.
- Operational effectiveness Provide an effective administrative function for the branch.
- Ensure overall operational readiness and efficiency of the branch infrastructure including premises, ATMs, systems and physical security requirements.
- Ensure efficient workflow from the branch to BFC.
- Ensure overall staff complement is in line with productivity measurements. Ensure that bank assets are controlled in terms of standing instructions.
- Ensure effective management of revenue and expenditure, with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs.
- People management Ensure effective management of direct reports resulting in compliance with the Code of Banking Practice, internal controls and overall well-being of staff.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption within Branch of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree holder from a recognized University.
- Institute of Bankers or related qualification would be an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of bank’s laid-down policies and procedures relating to all areas under control.
- Knowledge of the T24 System in relation to own area of responsibility
- Knowledge and understanding of the Area sales and service strategies.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of local target market profiles.
- Thorough knowledge of the products and services applicable to the local market/s.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Knowledge of Managing Local Market sales principles.
- Knowledge of the Prudential guidelines under the CBK act and standard bank KYC compliance and KBA
- Qualifications and experience as determined by the Requirements” of the Prudential guidelines under the CBK act and standard bank KYC compliance and KBA
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Bank Group career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply