Ipas works globally so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
The Accessibility Manager will support Ipas Africa Alliance in developing accessibility and community engagement strategies to enhance access to reproductive and sexual health services for girls and women in supported programmes. Will lead efforts to increase girls and women self-autonomy and self-determination, expand access within communities to information, support and services while assisting to address barriers at individual, interpersonal, organizational and policy level.
Work with the management team to actualize Alliance strategic plan [Senior Management Team meetings, Planning meetings]
Maintaining and developing new community relationships with nonprofits, government organizations, colleges and other partners across designated region(s) and distributing program materials and information
Work at the National and County level to ensure Ipas representation on technical working groups linked to sexual and reproductive health and community services and activities
- Collaborating across technical units to maximize outreach potential and ensure consistent messaging.
- Ensure effective integration and mainstreaming of girls and womens rights into the project implementation activities and work with the technical units to ensure we have the input of girls and women and other beneficiaries, into our support for service delivery for reproductive health services including access to safe abortion services and contraception
- Support the Community team to supervise activities performed by Community Based Organizations, Community Health Volunteers, Youth advocate and champions including providing on the job training and technical support.
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation assessments against project objectives of community based activities
- Communication and Health promotion
- Contribute to the development of appropriate health promotion Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
- Contribute to the development of new proposals in cooperation with the senior management team and other Health team staff.
Assist in the development and implementation of new accessibility projects strategies, concept notes and proposals that increase the self-autonomy and increase access for young girls and women to sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities according to Ipas, donor and coordination bodiesâ€™ timeframes and format
- To manage the assigned accessibility and policy team members, this includes job descriptions, recruitment, staff appraisals, staff development planning, annual leave days and training as necessary
- Provide coaching and supervision to staff so as to ensure ownership and full responsibility for accessibility/community activities.
- Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties
- Work closely with the Program and technical units
Collaborate and develop close relationship with external partners
Minimal Requirements for Position
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Community Health, Community Development
Experience working in Sexual and Reproductive Health field.
- Masters degree in the above fields will be an added advantage
- 8 plus years of experience in with 5 in a similar role
Experience working with Kenya Government, County Government and Health System
Knowledge of the Community Health Strategy in Kenya including working with Community Health Volunteers and Community Based Organizations
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ipas Africa career website on jobs-ipas.icims.com to apply