Outgrowers Manager at a Leading Sugar Company - Frank Management Consult Ltd
Posted on: 10 November, 2017
Deadline: 16 November, 2017
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Frank Management Consult Ltd
Frank Management Consult Ltd - Our client East Africa’s Leading Sugar Company based in Uganda is currently seeking to fill the role of an Outgrowers Manager -Cane Development. The successful Candidate will be tasked with the following roles and responsibilities;
- Champion recruitment and selection of new Famers/sugarcane growing accounts.
- Ensure observance to land selection and farmers recruitment as per laid down procedures/policies
- Ensure timely preparation, verification and submission of billing inputs to contracted farms in the sugarcane growing accounts.
- Planning and organizing all cane development activities to enable achievement of set production, productivity and performance targets.
- Ensuring various field operations timelines are strictly observed
- Responsible for accurate capture and maintenance of all operational data regarding land development, seed cane supply, fertilizer distribution, herbicides and vehicle/machine utilization.
- Ensuring timely harvesting and distribution of seed cane & inputs to contracted farms in the sugarcane growing
- Ensure strict adherence to set quality standards in land development, seed harvesting and distribution.
- Ensure precise forecast of cane availability to meet current and future factory requirements
- Maintain precise and dependable records of all contracted farms in the sugarcane growing accounts.
- Liaise with Harvesting and Transport Manager to plan for cane harvesting.
- Bachelor Degree in Agronomy /Agriculture/ Agriculture Engineering/ Agricultural Economics or related studies from a recognized institution
- Post graduate qualifications in sugarcane agronomy and/or relevant field (added advantage).
- Five (5) years’ relevant work experience in Cane Development
- Excellent mentoring skills, interpersonal skills, leadership & initiative Skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Willingness to work and live in rural environments
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity
- Proficiency in MS- Office Suit
- Valid driving license
Method of Application
Interested qualified candidates to send in their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org CC email@example.com Note: Due to the overwhelming applications we receive we will only respond to the shortlisted candidates
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Frank Management Consult LtdSimilar Jobs
- Sales Representative at Duma Works
- Human Resource Officer at Reeds Africa
- Job Opportunities at Tetra Pak - 3 Positions
- Job Opportunities at Corporate Staffing - 2 Positions
- Sales Representative at Twiga Foods
- Logistics Manager at ARM Cement
- Job Openings at BURN Designs - 2 Positions
- Job Openings at EcoZoom - Growth Partners - 3 Positions