If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
St. Francis Community Hospital is a Faith Based Hospital which was officially opened in January 24, 2009. It is located along Kasarani-Mwiki Road, Nairobi. It is neat, efficient, affordable and patient-friendly. It is run by the Little Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi under the Archdiocese of Nairobi.
The hospital has partnered with many organizations in promoting effective and efficient quality health care services. The hospital neighborhood is surrounded by a population of over 400,000 persons who are mainly living in slums and of very low income earning. The hospital has a bed capacity of 100 beds.
The security officer 1 will be responsible to the Hospital Administrator for the overall Security and safety of property, staff and clients in St Francis Complex.
- Induction of the outsourced security personnel and giving monthly reports on their performance;
- Initiating, developing, reviewing and implementing security policies, guidelines, procedures and measures for security control in the facility;
- Coordination of investigations of security incidences and preparation of management reports;
- Coordination of emergency procedures and contingency planning;
- Maintaining records and charts of crimes and incidents;
- Overseeing security surveys and inspections;
- Preparing periodic returns on operational matters;
- Maintaining security management and control documents e.g. passes, registers;
- Liaising with relevant security agencies through security meetings and attend management meetings;
- Monitoring/surveillance of personnel, equipment and access points permitting entry;
- Ensure that proper discipline is maintained in the security unit;
- Have a minimum of D+ in the KCSE or its equivalent;
- Have a Diploma in criminology or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Have attended a Supervisory Skills Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Should be below 45 yrs of age;
- Have served as a Security Officer in the disciplined service for a minimum period of five (5) years and three (3) years for (SO11);
- Basic skills in computer applications;
- Have a current certificate of good conduct;
- A degree in criminology or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- A Certificate in First Aid and firefighting Course will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are to submit their letters of application together with a detailed updated CV indicating qualification, experience, current responsibilities and current and expected salary to email@example.com