If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The (CIAT) – a member of the CGIAR Consortium (www.cgiar.org) – develops technologies, innovative methods, and new knowledge that better enable farmers, especially smallholders, to make agriculture competitive and profitable as well as sustainable and resilient. CIAT conducts research for development in tropical regions of Latin America, Africa, and Asia (www.ciat.cgiar.org)).
CIAT is seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Administrative Assistant who will have the responsibility of providing a wide variety of administrative support services, ranging from complex to routine, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the Finance and Administration Unit.
- Coordinate visits of finance and administration (F&A) staff from HQ and the country offices by handling logistics and relevant appointments.
- Review documents for the F&A coordinator’s approval/signature.
- Assist in the quarterly monitoring and consolidation of workplans and achievements of regional F&A teams.
- Coordinate and ensure efficient delivery of services/supplies to the F&A Unit.
- Schedule and organize F&A staff meetings in collaboration with the coordinator, take minutes and assist in following up actions points.
- Assisting with itinerary planning, flight and accommodation reservations for F&A staff and forums.
Support logistics processes by raising purchase requisitions through the organizational ERP
Manage the CIAT main front office
Maintaining and synthesizing a record of all CIAT agreements in the region keeping the F&A coordinator aware of due dates for renewal.
- Degree in Business Administration, Management or other relevant subject with proven office management skills
- Two years’ relevant work experience in a closely related field gained in an international organization.
- High level of computer skills, ability to learn new applications quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of regional and international travel requirements
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure.
- Highly effective planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills with a positive attitude and strong administrative service orientation.
Terms of employment:
This is a national position and will be for an initial period of One (1) Year, renewable subject to three (3) months’ probation, assessment of performance, and availability of resources. CIAT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
Method of Application
Applicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat-jobs to submit their applications for this position, clearly indicating position title as Administrative Assistant.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Interested and qualified? Go to CIAT career website on ciat.cgiar.org to apply