KCB Group is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies.
The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Reporting to the Legal Manager, Risk & Compliance, the position is responsible for assisting in the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of compliance activities of the Company with established law and regulation.
The job holder will assist in ensuring the Company is up-to-date with any existing, proposed or new legislation and that the compliance requirements to be met by the Company are in compliance with legislation.
- Provide support in ensuring that each subsidiary/division/department/unit of KCB Group follows all applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze and disseminate the compliance requirements of existing, new and/or revised laws and regulations. Provide advice in relation to compliance matters as contained in the legislation.
- Conduct internal compliance audits and examinations to ensure compliance.
- Liaise with relevant subsidiary/division/department/unit of KCB Group where legal risks have been identified, to develop mitigating measures and implement remedial action.
- Formulate legal compliance checklists and matrixes to be used for undertaking legal compliance reviews to ensure compliance by the Bank.
- Conduct legal risk analysis and provide legal support for new and ongoing Bank projects.
- Provide legal support in research, drafting and review of Bank policies, product terms and conditions.
- Prepare appropriate legal risk reports for use by management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Post Graduate Diploma from Kenya School of Law.
- At least 3 years’ post admission experience in dispute resolution/litigation
- At least 2 years’ experience in legal drafting
- At least 2 years’ demonstrated experience in legal communication and advocacy
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to KCB Bank Kenya career website on irecruitment.kcbbankgroup.com to apply