Database Administrator at Commercial Bank of Africa Ltd (CBA)
Posted on: 13 November, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Commercial Bank of Africa Ltd (CBA
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Commercial Bank of Africa Ltd (CBA) is the largest privately owned bank in East Africa and has been operating for over 50 years. CBA was founded in Tanzania and branches were set up in Kenya and Uganda shortly thereafter.
CBA began as a subsidiary of Societe Financiere pour les pays D’Outre Mer (SFOM), a Swiss-based consortium bank. Other consortium members included Bank of America, Dresdnen Bank (now Commerzbank), Bank Bruxelles Lambert and Banque National de Paris.
- To ensure projects, incidents, problems and escalations are dealt with according to defined set of policies, processes, procedures and SLA’s. (30%)
- Effectiveness of integration of database and storage strategy / blueprint with the bank’s business direction (10%)
- Effectiveness of the databases and storage security (policy, controls and infrastructure) with regard to protection against exposure to and impact of risks associated with data loss, corruption
and/or unauthorized access (20%)
- Organization development to effectively plan ICT Databases, Storage, Backup and Recovery infrastructure and support for optimal performance.
- Knowledge and experience in modern practices for ICT Databases, Storage, Backup and
- Recovery architecture and operations in medium to large banks to provide guidance on quality improvements and strategic changes
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations
(internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Technical skills to effectively perform or guide performance of Databases, Storage, Backup and Recovery systems design and operations activities/tasks in a manner that consistently produce high quality of service.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures
and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Professional qualifications in IT e.g. ITIL, OCA, OCP, OCM, Other relevant professional qualifications in IT field would be added advantage.
- Project Management certification and experience is preferred e.g. PRINCE2, PMP
- Five years’ experience in databases and storage support in medium to large organizations.
- Working experience in a bank or other financial services organization would be added advantage.
- Management of Third party support providers
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Commercial Bank of Africa Ltd (CBA) career website on cbagroup.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Commercial Bank of Africa Ltd (CBA)Similar Jobs
- Job Opening at Watu Credit Limited
- Job Opportunities at Barclays Africa
- Job Vacancy at Citibank
- Latest Vacancies at Commercial Bank of Africa
- Career Opportunities at Kenya Industrial Estates Ltd
- Senior Accountant at Branch
- Central Bank of Kenya Internship Program October 2018
- Data Manager at Acumen