Administrative Assistant at Well Told Story
Posted on: 13 November, 2017
Deadline: 17 November, 2017
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Well Told Story
Well Told Story produces the award-winning media communications channel Shujaaz. Shujaaz inspires and motivatesmillions of young Kenyans to take action to improve their lives and engage with urgent practical issues that shape their future. To this end, Well Told Story Kenya is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant for their Nairobi office
Among the key responsibilities for this role is the procurement and administration component.
- Procurement: Timely procurement of office equipment, office supplies, after necessary approvals, through
obtaining of quotations, analysis and giving recommendations for most suitable supplier to purchase from and
finally Preparation of LPOs, getting necessary approvals and filing of the them for record. Maintaining a prequalified
- Insurance: promptly advising the insurance broker on inclusion and withdrawal of staff and assets for insurance cover.
- HR Administration: Assisting with staff medical scheme through including staff and sending the relevant
documentation in collaboration with the insurance company.
- Office equipment: Coordinating repairs & maintenance of all office equipment,Coordinating the allocation of equipment and furniture to staff and maintaining a register of all office equipment.
- Cleanliness & Tidiness: Ensuring communal office facilities and equipment are maintained in a clean, presentable and in proper working order.
- Bookings: Facilitating bookings for accommodation and flights for staff in both KE & TZ.
- Facilitating: the arrangement of Board meetings.
- Transport: Coordinating of all staff/departments’ transport needs and verification of all transport invoices before submission to Finance department for payment.
- Office Telephone: Managing the office telephone line, Paying and querying of monthly bills, keeping inventory
of all office lines SIMs, PINS etc
- Office access: maintaining register of all office keys and access codes, allocation of keys and access codes to
staff, (de)registering staff for biometric access;
- Coordinating for the maintenance and repair of access systems
- Communication: Creation of internet email addresses for users and deletion of the same to facilitate internet
- Internet connectivity and I.T: Being the liaison person for WTS ICT needs, follow up on down-time restoration,
coordinating with Finance department with monthly payment to Service provider; promptly creating staff email accounts.
- Office reception & Mail: Ensure management of office reception; assisting guests/clients arriving for meetings,
Receiving and distributing incoming and outgoing mail / deliveries
- General Office Administration so the office is maintained in a presentable and clean way.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in procurement
- Additional professional courses in Business Administration, Human Resource are an added advantage
- Minimum of three years’ progressive experience in a procurement/administrative role
- Computer literacy especially high proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Ability to develop productive working and interpersonal relationships, negotiation and conflict handling skills.
- Demonstrated drive, proactivity and a high level of integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively (Oral and written skill)
- Ability to adapt to change
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability and commitment to working in a team environment
- Ability to provide innovative and proactive options
- An ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently
Method of Application
If you feel you fulfil the advertised criteria, please apply by sending an email to us on why you feel you would be suitable for this role at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter as one document. Please title your email “Administrative Assistant”. While the closing date is 17th November 2017, applications will be reviewed as they come in. The early bird catches the worm!
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Well Told StorySimilar Jobs
- Latest Jobs at Wananchi Group - 2 Positions
- Senior Broadcast Journalist at BBC
- Documentary Shoot & Editor at Media Focus on Africa
- Mobile App Specialist at StarTimes
- Subtitle Editor at iFlix
- Media Analyst at Reelforge
- Project Manager at Visual Fusion
- Digital Sales Manager at ZUMI