Regional Communications Manager at Film Aid
Posted on: 13 November, 2017
Deadline: 14 November, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at FilmAid
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
FilmAid is an international development and humanitarian communications organization that harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies as well as promote social change through dialogue in order to protect the wellbeing of displaced and vulnerable populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed communities around the world.
To oversee the development and implementation of a communications and brand management strategy for FilmAid in East Africa and to provide expert external communications advice for donors, partners and allies in East Africa in liaison with FilmAid International.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of all external communications activities.
- Develop and disseminate an annual communications plan in support of FilmAid’s annual program and development goals.
- Coordinate the development, production, distribution and analytical analysis of all external communications content.
- Leverage analytics to inform strategy, improve content engagement and extend the brand reach of the organization.
- Improve upon internal processes for coordinating content production and delivery from the field, under the guidance and direction of the Creative and Content Director.
- Ensure brand guidelines and the vision, mission and values of the organization.
- Grow the reputation of the Organization and visibility of the Brand
- Support the communications strategy and communications needs of FilmAid International’s headquarters in New York.
- Ensure all communications systems are working effectively in collaboration with the international team in US
- Work collaboratively with FilmAid HQ to update the external communications strategy and workplans for the year and jointly produce marketing materials for promotional and fundraising campaigns.
- Manage and oversee the implementation of FilmAid Kenya’s first Branding Guide and Communications Strategy
- Develop succinct communications messaging around complex humanitarian and development issues, including issues affecting health, education, protection, the environment, and other issue areas that affect FilmAid’s beneficiary population.
- Work with the FilmAid International’s communications team to research, document, proofread, and publish articles for multi-platform distribution (web, social media, mobile).
- Boost the Organization’s communications impact across the media spectrum to increase awareness and recognition of the humanitarian and development impact of FilmAid Kenya and in the region and engage our various audiences.
- Maintain and update the FilmAid Kenya website and all communication database systems including Mailchimp.
- Produce and publish email campaigns and monthly newsletters.
- Manage media relations: Set up media guidelines, organize media excursions, brief the media and ensure positive publicity of FilmAid.
- Plan, design and manage communication around events to promote and expand the visibility and the work of FilmAid in Kenya as well as encourage responsible reportage on beneficiary communities, with a focus on creating platforms for independent advocacy (such as the Olympics project in Kakuma Refugee Camp that was covered internationally).
- Lead advocacy through communications on beneficiary protection issues such as SGBV and other pertinent protection issues with various stakeholders including donors.
- Provide expert external communications advice for donors, partners and allies in the U.S./European/East African communities.
- Champion Ambassadorship through leveraging internal and external communication opportunities to inform, engage and inspire our internal publics and external stakeholders
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of our communication on the Organization’s reputation.
- Work closely with Creative & Content staff to ensure products maintain high quality for international communications purposes.
- Develop & manage a partner resource index detailing partner contacts (Donors and other key stakeholders), stakeholders in each area of FilmAid’s program response, program support cycles, networks, affiliations and resources to anchor the program development strategy.
- Provide ongoing capacity building and support to all FilmAid Staff on partnership engagement and external communication strategies.
- Identifying, establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships with refugee communities, donors, international organizations, NGOs, civil society actors, and other stakeholders.
- Contributing to FilmAid’s organizational strategic thinking and organizational growth strategy, working with Country Director, Program Director, HQ and other country programs
- Hire and manage partner engagement and external communications staff and media consultants
- Represent the Country Director in agency meetings and other meetings as need arises
- Under the guidance of FilmAid policy and partnerships agreements, develop Memorandum of Understanding guidelines and documents for working with partners through in-kind partnerships.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications, International Relations, Content production and / or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 4 years work experience on humanitarian or development sector managing external communication and partnership.
- Relevant experience working for a media company in PR, content strategy, or marketing.
- Highly developed website management skills and a minimum one year experience managing an INGO’s website and other digital media communication platforms.
- At least one year experience being producer for external communications materials including video and print for an international agency.
- Well developed creative skills in one or more of the following areas graphic design, videography, photography and editing.
- Highly developed communication skills and excellent command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles, including CHS and CDAC standards and values as well as Sphere standards.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate on the subject line of your application as ‘Regional External Communications Manager’.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about FilmAidSimilar Jobs
- Fresh Job at Coalition on Violence Against Women (COVAW)
- Latest Jobs at Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust
- Director at Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
- Latest Jobs at Foreign and Commonwealth
- Internship Opportunity at World Vision East Africa
- Country Director at Plan International
- Project Manager at Living Goods
- Latest Job at International Medical Corps (IMC)