Senior ICT Engineer at Recours Four Kenya
Posted on: 13 November, 2017
Deadline: 9 December, 2017
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at R4Kenya
Recours Four Kenya - Our client is Africa’s leader in providing management consulting and information technology services for businesses, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations .
As a Senior ICT Engineer you will be responsible and accountable for day to day smooth running of computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications costs and timelines.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Performs ongoing tuning of the oracle database instances
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle databases.
- Plan , organize ,control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
- Design , develop , implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures.
- Ensure security of data , network access and backup systems.
- Act in alignment with users needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assests , information security and control structures.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Fully support ,configure , maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in house servers.
- Set up user accounts ,permissions and passwords.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Proven working experience as senior network and system engineer or relevant experience.
- Willing to travel to Somalia.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware, software systems.
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Experience with firewalls, internet VPN’s remote implementation , troubleshooting , and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Great at organizing , prioritizing and multitasking
- Juniper , Cisco training
- Good skills in all Oracle tools.
- BSc in Information Technology , computer Science or a related discipline , professional certification e.g (Microsoft Cerified Systems Administrator (MCSA) is a plus
Method of Application
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us . Applicants currently staying in Nairobi are encouraged to apply. Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements. Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about R4KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Junior Sales Executives at Sheffield Steel Systems
- Stores Officer at HRM Connection
- Career Opportunities at Corporate Staffing - 5 Positions
- Job Vacancies at People Foco
- Sales Executives at Reeds Africa Consult
- Job Opening at Sheer Logic
- Career Opportunities at Corporate Staffing - 2 Positions
- Job Openings at Flexi-Personnel - 3 Positions