The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill the position of HR Officer in support of the WFP Somalia Country Office, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct and overall supervision of the Head of IT, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Participate in the development and implementation of WFP Country Office IT/TC plans, processes and procedures aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective Information Technology services;
- Draft IT related budgets, including Annual Procurement Plan in consultation with stakeholders at the Country Office & Area Offices; participate in preparation of budget revisions as necessitated by operational circumstances;
- Develop and maintain IT/TC systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues and enabling users to get maximum benefits from them;
- Implement and test new hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; install any technology upgrades as required;
- Develop business cases, technical specifications and tender documents to facilitate procurement of IT/TC equipment and services at minimum cost, in line with WFP rules and regulations; manage contracts with service providers, ensure all offices are adequately equipped;
- Draft reports on IT/TC activities, investments and costs, identifying trends/issues and proposing solutions to increase cost-efficiency;
- Provide advice to managers and users to resolve complex issues, understanding their needs and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them;
- Maintain effective partnerships with colleagues and external partners, to foster information exchange and support to meet service requirements;
- Contribute to emergency preparedness and contingency planning, providing technical recommendations and monitoring the management of risks, so that WFP can maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis;
- Draft operational plans and manage resource requirements at the onset of an emergency;
- Align IT service to the corporate catalogue; build and document processes in compliance with ITIL best practices; lead the implementation of incident management; and implement change and configuration management;
- Participate in the capacity building of staff, collaborating with colleagues in the IT division to design and deliver corporate training policies and programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and TC;
- Review IT Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for consistency with the changing environments and adjust/recommend revision to ensure consistency with the changing operational environment;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or Management.
Advanced university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other relevant field, or First university degree with additional years of related work experience.
- At least three or more years of postgraduate professional experience in the development of IT governance strategies, policies and system architecture.
- Experience in acting in an IT advisory capacity to Country/Sub Office leadership, coordinating and managing small or medium size projects, assisting in change management procedures, activities and processes, and successful installation or testing of new hardware for improving or upgrading ICT systems performance.
- Candidates should have ground-level experience implementing IT/TC systems in emergencies, proven experience analyzing ICT service management results and developing service enhancement recommendations and has participated in the negotiation, evaluation and management of IT contracts with service providers at HQ and field office.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Food Programme (WFP) career website on career012.successfactors.eu to apply