If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.For every child, hope
Advise and provide guidance, oversight and direction to the Regional Office and all offices within ESAR on Logistics and Supply Chain matters for essential supplies in support of the Country Offices' programme management, including both Programme, Emergency and Procurement Services supplies.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Provide leadership, technical advice, support and guidance to Country Offices on strategic planning and applications of logistics, regulations, systems and practices. Identify logistics operationalweaknesses and develop training activities for the ESAR countries.
- In support to the emergency programming process provides expert advice in the field of logistics and ensures that logistics programme input is appropriate, cost effective and timely. Provide surge capacity and country support, sometimes through extended visits.
- Responsible for interagency logistics coordination at the regional level. Participate in interagency rapid emergency assessment missions, as required, and actively participates in common logistics efforts.
- Advises government counterparts, non-governmental organizations, UN agencies on all aspects on in-country logistics in order to build and/or improve the national capacity in commodity handling, distribution and monitoring.
- Conduct special management reviews (peer reviews) and/or follow-up on audit observations to assist in the improvement of supply chain mattes and logistics procedures and practices. Resolve supply chain and logistics issues and problems. Assist country offices with contracting for in country services.
- Analyse policy directives and changes from Supply Division and advice on their applicability in the region. Provide recommendations to the Regional Supply Chief and the Regional Director on policy adjustments/improvements based on regional perspectives and experience. Participate in strategic planning and policy formulation meetings in the areas of supply and logistics. Ensure the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of organizational initiatives, e.g. IPSAS.
- Undertakes visits to targeted countries to review the status of their supply chains of essential commodities (e.g. vaccine and nutrition supply chains) in collaboration with relevant programme sections.
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have
- Advanced university degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or specialization in directly related areas including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply management, etc.)
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience. Both national and international work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting, administration and/or other related fields. Work experience in emergency duty station.
- Fluency in English required, and proficiency in another UN working language an asset. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station desirable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UNICEF career website on www.unicef.org to apply