If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Resolution Insurance is a General Insurer offering innovative and responsive insurance solutions.
Resolution assures financial security and comfort by offering comprehensive insurance solutions in a dependable, reliable, and transparent manner. Today, Resolution Insurance offers a number of products namely Medical Plans, Travel Plans, Liability Plans, Property Covers, Motor Covers and all other classes of General Insurance in the markets where it operates.
We currently have over 100,000 members and have partnered with a robust network of over 800 medical service providers across East Africa, managing the diversified health insurance needs of corporates, social groups, families and individuals.
In keeping up with our recruitment needs, we are currently looking to fill the position below:
Reporting to the Reinsurance and Partnerships Manager, the Reinsurance Officer’s purpose is to participate in all phases of reinsurance arrangement, accounting and reporting, from the initial phases of treaty development, coordination with third parties, monthly processing and recognition of appropriate assets, liabilities, income and expense items and periodic reporting.
- Participate in reinsurance treaties arrangements and negotiations with reinsurers.
- Carry out facultative business placement and acceptance.
- Ensure collection of all claims recoveries (and payments) pertaining to treaty and facultative business.
- Assist in facilitating audits from reinsurers and for completing audits for reinsurance assumed with 3rd parties;
- Timely and accurate reconciliation of reinsurance accounts on a monthly basis, making necessary adjustments as appropriate.
- Prepare the accounting and reporting entries and reports for different treaties.
- Participate in the strategic direction of the Reinsurance Department.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
- Relevant University degree (Actuarial, Insurance, Economics etc.)
- CPA/ACII qualification will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in Reinsurance accounting.
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Strong computer knowledge including working knowledge of financial based accounting packages, database, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Knowledge of reinsurance processes, treaties and administration software’s will be an added advantage.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to produce in a fast-paced environment while addressing projects and responsibilities effectively.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Resolution Insurance career website on www.resolution.co.ke to apply