Acacia Mining plc is Tanzania’s largest gold miner and one of the largest producers of gold in Africa. We have three producing mines, all located in Northwest Tanzania: Bulyanhulu, Buzwagi, and North Mara and a portfolio of exploration projects in Tanzania, Kenya, Burkina Faso and Mali. Acacia is listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange and on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.
Acacia Exploration (Kenya) Ltd seeks to employ a Section Leader Organizational Effectiveness (OE) based in Kisumu, Kenya. This role reports to the Exploration Manager - Kenya and the role holder will be accountable to provide human resources support and ensure the effective management of human resources activities for the Kenya Exploration Group which forms part of the Discovery Group within Acacia.
The incumbent will provide HR advice to management on the development, implementation and administration of HR related operational policies, procedures, practices and systems in areas such as recruitment, compensation and benefits, labour relations, training and learning, personnel records, performance management, leave management, etc. He/she will ensure that all labour laws governing human resources management are complied with as well as all internal policies and procedures.
This is a one (1) year fixed term contract role, working standard office hours in Kisumu, Kenya.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the recruitment, selection, training, development and evaluation of team members working in the Discovery Group Kenya to ensure excellence in their performance.
- Provide technical advice, coaching and provide ongoing assistance and support to managers in the design and evaluation of jobs, salary administration, interpretation of the labour legal framework, complaints and grievances, employment laws, performance-related issues, disciplinary processes, staffing, workloads, etc.
- Assist and advise on labour / industrial relations matters.
- Orient, support and advise management to determine training needs requirements and coordinate the training through internal or external means.
- Work with the Health and Safety Leader to manage health and safety cases.
- Administration/ coordination of the medical insurance, life and disability providers, etc.
- Work with the Payroll Department and provide the necessary data for the pay process in accordance with local laws.
- Create and maintain a database of employee contracts and ensure that all contract renewals are flagged with the appropriate manager and processed timeously.
- Responsible for accommodation bookings and travel requests for all staff and visitors.
- Ensure that objectives are met by team members.
- Completion of performance monitoring and appraisal meetings.
- Ensure that team members comply with the Acacia Behaviours.
Degree or Diploma in HR or any relevant field of study.
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in a similar role overseeing and maintaining an HR function.
- Experience in the exploration or extractive industry will be ideal.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Must be detailed, methodical, organized and systematic
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of SAGE HR is a plus
- A good understanding of the local bylaws, legislation and Kenyan labour laws
- Time management, scheduling and planning
- Ethical and must have high integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer and people focused
- Fluency and literacy in English
Acacia Mining has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management and offers equal employment opportunities to qualified men and women.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Acacia Mining plc career website on www.linkedin.com to apply