Human Resources Officer at Wärtsilä
Posted on: 15 November, 2017
Deadline: 24 November, 2017
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd
Wärtsilä is an established multinational organization with a strong market presence in the Eastern Africa region. Wärtsilä enhances the business of its customers by providing them with complete lifecycle power solutions. When creating better and environmentally compatible technologies, Wärtsilä focuses on the marine and energy markets with products and solutions as well as services. Through innovative products and services, Wärtsilä sets out to be the most valued business partner of all its customers. This is achieved by the dedication of more than 15,000 professionals manning 160 Wärtsilä locations around the world.
Position description Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the HR Officer will be responsible and accountable for providing efficient human resource services, within a matrix reporting structure. This role is based and supports Athi River II power plant(Gulf Power) in Athi River.
- Working with the HR Manager you will provide specialist support, direction and advice to the plant team in the following areas -
- organizational development & design
- resourcing & recruitment
- competence management
- learning &development
- performance management
- career development
- job rotation & mobility
- rewarding and/or motivation &engagement
- Additionally you will be expected to work closely with other HR team members to deliver common HR initiatives and contribute to delivery of global initiatives.
Requirements Person Specification
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident with high level of drive and initiative
- Team player and service oriented
- Minimum supervision
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- High integrity
- Local legislation & labour laws
- Leadership competences
- Change management
- Management skills
- Prof/Human Resources Coaching
- Customer focus and orientation
- HR solution creation/results orientation
- HR systems and integrations
- Knowledge of relevant people process
- Bachelor’s degree specialization in Human Resources or equivalent
- Excellent computer skills
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in human resources management in a busy robust HR department.
- IHRM Membership required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Wärtsilä Eastern Africa Ltd career website on careers.fi to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Wärtsilä Eastern Africa LtdSimilar Jobs
- Regional Sales Manager at Trimble Inc.
- Field Service Engineer at Volvo Group
- Shop Attendant at Alpha
- Job Vacancies at Recours Four - 2 Positions