Jumia was founded in 2012 on the basis of a very strong belief: Internet can improve people’s lives in Africa. Observing the challenges that people face every day (poor infrastructures, heavy traffic, limited choice, limited information, expensive products and services just to name a few), we see a huge opportunity to leverage Internet and use it to connect people and provide them with a solution to fulfill their daily needs. Therefore, we embarked on the journey to build a company that has a very simple mission: expand your horizons.
Today Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia Mall, Jumia Market, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, etc.. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents.
About the Digital Marketing Manager Position:
As Digital Marketing Manager, you’re responsible for account analysis and rolling up analyses to the Heads of OM. The information DMM obtain from accounts is used by the Heads of OM (SEM, FB, Display, and Affiliate) to form a strategy and improve marketing automation. You’ll be fully responsible for the efficient day to day management of assigned ventures,
focusing on growth.
In particular you will:
- Explores opportunities and facilitates campaigns through all OM Channels with particular emphasis on innovative initiatives.
- Provide recommendations and develop strategies for keyword opportunities, campaign structuring, targeting, display network, and other facets of paid search in accordance with venture goals.
- Contributing to continuous improvement by proactively assessing OM practices and methodology.
- Demonstrate measurable success through the achievement of venture Goals & Metrics. E.g. account sales, profitability, lead generation, campaign management, report
generation/analysis and overall service.
- Assist with formulating campaign strategy, researching keywords & potential marketing channels, analyzing competitors, and testing.
- Monitor keyword bids, account daily and monthly budget caps, impression share, quality score and other important account metrics for assigned ventures.
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance to venture goals.
- Monitor and evaluate results and performance across the major OM channels.
Who we are looking for
- Passion for Search and internet marketing
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a performance driven atmosphere.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Strong analytical & numerical skills.
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
Professional Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in Online Marketing (3+ years) – e-commerce or travel background preferred.
- Mastery of MS Excel. Google Apps + Google Apps Script is a plus.
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- Experience working with popular PPC ad platforms (AdWords, Yahoo, Bing).
- AdWords/ Facebook / Bing certification a plus.
- Data Science & Machine Learning experience / formation / side projects is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumia career website on africainternetgroup.peoplehr.net to apply