If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry. Backed by European and American investment, our mission is to make quality furniture more available and affordable to millions of Kenyans. We believe in being a fair and honest employer and providing our employees with opportunity based on performance and merit.
We are seeking an HR Officer help with our HR needs. This is a key role which will ensure that we are compliant with HR policy within the company and we are planning ahead when it comes to our staffing needs. The ideal HR Officer understands HR policy in Kenya and is able to implement policies and procedures that will guide adherance to best practice.
- Conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims;
- obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
At Watervale Investments, we seek new team members who are first and foremost eager to learn and grow in their roles. We put less of an emphasis on formal qualifications and look carefully at candidates’ abilities, experience and character. Any candidate who feels they can undertake the responsibilities above to a high standard is welcome to apply. Candidates should demonstrate the following in their application materials:
- Strong organizational and recordkeeping skills, including the ability to develop operational tools in Microsoft Excel and Word ability to learn new software as needed.
- Knowledge of Kenya employment laws
- Strong attention to details and ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to relate well with customers and colleagues.
- Candidates with at least 2 years’ experience will have an advantage.
- Strong professional references demonstrating professional accomplishment and trustworthiness
- Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Competitive salary for junior management position, participation in a private pension scheme, opportunity for advancement and coaching by the company’s senior management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Watervale Investments career website on docs.google.com to apply