If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Kenya Rural Roads Authority (KeRRA), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure was established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007 and charged with the mandate to manage, develop, rehabilitate and maintain rural roads. In order to carry out this mandate successfully, the Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Kenyan citizens who wish to be considered for short term contract employment in the following middle management position for a period of one (1) year:
He/ She will be responsible for deliverables arising from the execution and coordination of environmental activities. The Environmentalists will report to the Manager in charge of Environmental affairs for the Authority:
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Assisting in the collection of data and information and preparing periodic reports on environmental issues;
- Assisting in undertaking feasibility studies to ensure environmental concerns are incorporated in the projects
- Assist in assessment of the level of awareness on major environmental issues affecting the public;
- Assisting in dissemination of environmental information to the general public;
- Assisting in determination of statistical trends in environmental parameters and variables.
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluating road projects and ensuring environmental concerns are properly addressed; and
- Receiving and reviewing Environmental Assessments (Environmental Social impact assessment, environmental Audit, Strategic Environmental Assessment) submitted by experts to KeRRA;
- Availing relevant information and data required by the EIA/EA Experts during the preparation of environmental assessment to ensure environmental issues are mainstreamed in the road projects;
- Providing comments to NEMA of ESIA / SEA submitted to KeRRA for comments;
- Assisting in the interpretation and adherence of licences condition/ improvement notices issued by NEMA for various projects under KeRRA;
- Assisting in the development of guidelines to be followed when preparing an ESIA for KeRRA projects
- Assist in the preparation of Environmental assessment in-house;
- Tracking progress on environmental and social performance systems;
- Providing support to project development initiatives in the Authority and ensuring environmental and social development issues are addressed.
Job Specifications For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have at least:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Environmental Studies or Natural Resources Management from a recognized institution;
- Graduated in the last three (3) years (2015-2017);
- Undergone an internship of not less than three (3) months in a Public Service or Private sector;
- Been Registered with NEMA as an Associate Expert;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Terms of Service and Remuneration
- The successful candidate will serve on a one year contract, renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
- The salary and other benefits attached to this position will be as determined by the Board guided by the State Corporations and Advisory Committee in consultation with the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Other Additional Information
- Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application valid copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Department of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct).
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their /applications so as to reach the address shown below by close of business on Friday 15th December, 2017 at 5.00 p.m.Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three (3) referees.
Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates / Testimonials, and copy of National ID / Passport.
The Director General,
Kenya Rural Roads Authority,
Blue Shield Towers,
6th Floor, Hospital Hill Road,
P.O. Box 48151 - 00100, NAIROBI. OR
emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered and inserted in the Recruitment Box located on the 6th Floor.