If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Armada Human Capital - Our client is an International organisation that provides technologies and services in more than 200 countries around the world. They are a trusted security provider and adviser to governments.
Managing all Supply Chain processes in Kenya. Responsible for Forecasting & Reporting, Inventory Management, Logistics Management and Procurement Management as well as the management of the Supply Chain team. Maintain and control of company assets, waste management, budgeting and supervision of staff within the department.
- Work with the client to conduct forecasts for stocks and communicate the forecasts to HQ to support their planning and delivery of the orders to the clients.
- Conduct forecasts for inventory based on the sales forecasts and communicate the solutions forecasts to HQ to support their planning for the production and delivery of the solvents to Kenya.
- Forecast needs for equipment, spare parts and consumables.
- Work with the Senior Manager - Finance & Supply Chain to prepare semi-annual revenue forecasts for stocks and conduct monthly tracking and reporting of the variance between actuals and forecasts.
- Inventory Management
- Define and implement processes, procedures and supporting systems for equipment, spare parts and consumables inventory management.
- Manage local and third-party warehouse operations and act as the SPOC for third-party warehouse service providers.
- Coordinate and document monthly inventory counts of equipment, spare parts and consumables at the local warehouse(s) and at all Sites. Ensure that any inventory variances are investigated and promptly corrected.
- Ensure that the ERP system inventory reconciliations are done and signed off by Finance on a weekly basis and any variances investigated and promptly corrected.
- Maintain the accuracy of the ERP system inventory balances at all times by ensuring that all physical inventory movements are reflected in the system.
- Manage the secure return, quarantine and destruction of damaged, defective or wasted equipment, spare parts and consumables, including solutions.
- Oversee issuance stocks to customers per approved, paid orders both physically and in the system
- Ensure all incoming shipments are received in the system before being issued to customers.
- Manage obsolete stock quarantine and destruction.
- Oversee monthly inventory counts at Clients HQs, reconcile results with the system, and sign-off with customers on the results. Update system status of any inventory identified as missing during reconciliations. Provide reconciliation results to HQ on a quarterly basis to support invoicing for inventory gaps.
- Logistics Management
- Define and implement processes, procedures and supporting systems for logistics management.
- Oversee the handling of incoming domestic and international shipments, including customs clearance (where applicable), verification of contents versus packing lists, goods reception in the ERP system, and transfer to warehouse or to the relevant site(s).
- Oversee local deliveries of equipment, spare parts and consumables/dangerous goods between different locations within Kenya.
- Manage relationships with local logistics partners
- Selection of local logistics partners
- Maintenance of relations and agreements with local logistics partners
- Keep manual and electronic records of movements of equipment, spare parts, consumables/hazardous material, and other items, including the issuance of goods receipts for incoming deliveries and delivery notes for outgoing shipments.
- Oversee the execution of reverse logistics in the event of defective, surplus or obsolete equipment from sites to the warehouse and from the warehouse to HQ.
- Maintain up-to-date information on:
- Local import and export requirements
- Local regulations governing the storage & transport of hazardous material
- Management of fuel cards for company vehicles
- Manage vehicle compliance with regulatory requirements (Insurance, NTSA)
- Manage parking subscriptions for staff based at the Kenyan headquarters
- Coordinate staff travel (domestic & international), company vehicle allocations and taxi usage
- Procurement Management
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management policies, procedures and tools.
- Develop a Procurement Strategy which ensures that continued compliant, high-quality, secure and cost competitive products and services are supplied to the company.
- Manage a database of local suppliers, including ratings and performance indicators.
- Manage supplier contracts and confidentiality agreements and ensure supplier contract renewal or replacement, as appropriate.
- Manage purchases of equipment, spare parts and consumables from HQ and local suppliers based on projected needs, including the creation and tracking of Purchase Orders and assurance that they are mapped to the correct accounts in the ERP system.
- Ensure supplier audits and KYC questionnaires are conducted and documented and follow-up actions defined and implemented
- Conduct company policies sensitization for local suppliers and obtain regular renewal of their commitment to the code.
- Team management
- Supervise, mentor and support team members to ensure their high performance
- Set and review the team’s objectives for performance & development through the Bi-annual Performance process
- Identify and manage talent and conduct succession planning
- Ensure positive team spirit and good collaboration with other team members/ teams/ departments worldwide and adhere to the organization’s values and ethics
- Coordinate regular team meetings and feedback sessions with the team
- Status Reporting
- Provide regular, detailed status reports to the Senior Manager - Finance & Admin on all activities in the Supply Chain domain
- Provide regular technical reports to management on consumption trends, forecasts, results of inventory counts, secure supply chain activities, etc.
- General Management
- Ensure that all policies, including those concerning Health, Safety and Environmental protection, are respected, and implement or propose improvements to such practices.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of general policies, processes and procedures for the organization
- Manage special tasks, projects or initiatives to improve quality, efficiency, or cost effectiveness of the solution or the local entity team, as agreed with the Senior Manager
- Participate in general management and administrative tasks for the Local Entity, as requested by the Senior Manager
- Contribute to the successful execution of commercial activities in Kenya and the East Africa region, as requested by the Senior Manager
University degree in Supply Chain in a relevant field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
- Minimum 5 years of successful experience managing teams responsible for supply chain management, logistics management and inventory management.
- FMCG background is preferred
Knowledge And Skills
- Deep knowledge of supply chain management, procurement, inventory management and logistics best practices
- Successful experience implementing and operating supply chain management, procurement, inventory management and logistics best practices in similar business environments
- Experience with inventory management systems and/or ERPs (particularly SAP)
- Experience with Microsoft office tools (Excel / Word / PowerPoint)
- Strong planning and forecasting skills
- Strong analytical skills to determine trends and patterns in forecasting and consumption / utilization data
- Strong organizational skills
- Technical background (Electrical Engineering, Microelectronics, Mechanical Engineering, etc.) would be a plus
- Experience in manufacturing environments with knowledge of LEAN would be a plus
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Armada Human Capital career website on www.armadahumancapital.com to apply