Estates Admin Officer at Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO)
Posted on: 4 December, 2017
Deadline: 15 December, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Foreign & Commonwealth Office
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) has a worldwide network of embassies and consulates, employing over 14,000 people in nearly 270 diplomatic offices. We work with international organisations to promote British interests and global security, including the EU, NATO, the United Nations, the UN Security Council and the Commonwealth.
Main purpose of job:
The Estates Administrative Officer will provide overall administrative support to the Estates team. The officer will in addition be the Health & Safety Officer for post ensure documentation is kept to ensure compliancy scores are maintained. The officer will share job assignments to the Furnishings Supervisor and support the Deputy Estates Manager on arrival and departure from post checks with UK Based officers.
Roles and responsibilities :
- Carry out monthly store spot checks for all stores at the BHC ensuring correct procedures have been followed and all paperwork corresponds.
- Carry out inspections of properties after the furnishings team has completed the cleaning and furnishing of properties ready for new occupant.
- Carry out departure from post checks for departing officers ensuring the officer is aware of their responsibilities before leaving post.
- Arranging for monthly meter readings with the utility companies
- Liaise with Deputy Estates manager on purchasing of new curtains/white goods/furniture for upcoming property refurbishments.
- Secretary to the BHC Health and Safety Committee
- Conduct health & safety checks of all properties prior to new occupants moving in and subsequent routine checks
- Conduct health & safety checks at the main office
- Supervising and spot checking external contractors ensuring they are fully compliant with health and safety best practice while on BHC premises.
- Collation and filing of all Health and Safety documentation ensuring readily available for any spot checks on compliance with standards
- Lead on Health and Safety messaging in the BHC raising awareness on H&S in the mission
- Brief all new staff arrivals (UKB and LE) on health and safety best practices
- Management of the Health & Safety budget
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
1 member of staff
Essential qualifications and experience
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Undergraduate degree/Diploma in Business Administration or Supply chain management
- Experience of Health & safety work, inventory/store management or administration
- Strong decision making skills and willingness to take initiative in own work
- Proficient in computers
- Fluent in English
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Estate management
- Accounting/Budget management
Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) career website on fco.tal.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO)Similar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Bible Translation & Literacy (E.A)
- Chief Financial Officer at World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF Kenya)
- Latest Recruitment at Handicap International - Humanity & Inclusion
- Consultant at International Rescue Committee
- Communications Officer at Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya
- Senior Communications Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Job Opportunity at Village Enterprise
- Job Opportunity at Oxfam