If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The National AIDS Control Council (NACC) is a state Corporation whose mission is to provide policy and strategic framework for mobilizing and coordinating resources for the prevention of HIV transmission and provision of care and support to the infected and affected people in Kenya. In our efforts to fulfil this mandate, the NACC seeks to recruit a suitable candidate for the following positions:
Job Grade: NACC 3
Department: Policy Monitoring and Research Business
Purpose / Objective:
- Coordinate development, implementation and review of the Research Agenda and Strategy in support of the HIV strategic framework across all levels. Functions Advocate for increased resources for HIV research.
- Coordinate identification of research gaps & review of the HIV research. Collaborate & forge partnerships with research agencies, tertiary institutions & regulatory bodies on HIV research
- Coordinate monitoring of the Kenya HIV research agenda implementation
- Coordinate establishment of research coordination mechanisms
- Coordinate documentation and dissemination of HIV research findings and best practices in HIV programming.
- Coordinate establishment and operationalization of the Kenya HIV research hub
- Coordinate partnerships with HIV research institutions in Kenya and Internationally.
- Coordinate mobilization of resources for implementation of the research agenda and strategy.
- Oversee effective functioning of the HIV coordination mechanisms
- Oversee the functioning & continuous updating & utility of the Kenya HIV research hub.
- Collaborate with stakeholders & development partners for implementation of the research agenda.
- Develop quarterly briefs on HIV research to regularly update stakeholders
- Track HIV research Review of research and data to inform
- Policy Accelerate research uptake
- Document and disseminate best practices to inform policy and programming
- Establish and manage a repository of HIV information
- Facilitate surveillance and evaluations
- Divisional stewardship
- Advise the NACC on research studies to prioritize commission and facilitate.
- Educational Masters in Social Sciences, Statistics, Epidemiology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Public Health
- PHD in relevant field Publication experience as primary author in at least 2 peer review publications.
- Experience 7 years’ experience in high level HIV M&E, research & data analysis and report writing.
- Experience in leading research teams as a PI/CO-PI in health related research.
- Demonstrated experience in writing funded research proposals
- Key Competencies
- High level understanding of HIV research, policy and strategy issues in Kenya
- Understanding of rights-based approaches in strategy development.
- Fluency in written and verbal communication including in cross-cultural contexts.
- Ability to coordinate multi-sectoral engagements
The above position is on a three (3) year renewable contact basis subject to satisfactory performance. The individual recruited shall be of high integrity and able to work within a team.
Method of Application
If you fulfil the above requirements, you are invited to submit an application letter together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials, names and contacts of three professional referees in a sealed envelope to
The Chief Executive Officer
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 9th Floor
P.O. Box 61307, 00200 Nairobi, Kenya