If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Portland - Philanthropy and Disputes is a dedicated practice within Portland that supports a range of international clients
Our clients include some of the world’s biggest foundations and high profile philanthropists; multinational investors with operations in growth markets; and organisations and individuals involved in high profile litigation and disputes
Our multinational team of consultants has worked at the highest levels of media, politics, finance and campaigning.
The intern may be required to carry out all or some of the following key tasks within the Philanthropy and Disputes team:
- Tracking issues in the media, relevant to designated clients.
- Sourcing and preparing detailed draft media analysis reports for approval by relevant Account Executives and Account Managers;
- Researching and sourcing information as directed by Account Executives and Account Managers for designated client projects;
- Management of press cuttings, including preparing monthly/quarterly coverage books;
- Preparing activity reports for clients;
- Helping to draft press releases, opinion articles, website copy, background material etc;
- Conducting ring rounds, and building journalist contacts;
- Preparing journalist biographies and briefing notes for clients;
- Preparing and maintaining media distribution lists for press releases;
- Researching and managing forward calendars of key media and current affairs events relevant to designated clients.
- Have the ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- Have excellent writing skills;
- Be logical, creative and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
- Be proficient in the use of research and Internet tools and word processing;
- Have experience of using social media platforms in a professional capacity;
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others;
- Be organised and able to manage your own workload.
Qualifications and skills:
- You must have a Degree (with a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent). This is likely to be in a research-oriented social science or arts, e.g. politics, history, economics and English;
- Foreign language skills are desirable, especially in Arabic, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and German;
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the media and international affairs is essential;
- Experience of Public Affairs, politics and campaigning is an advantage;
- Experience in journalism, blogging and social media is an advantage.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is unfortunately not possible to respond directly to all applicants, only to those whose candidacy is being pursued. In addition, the length of the recruitment process varies based on the vacancy needs. Traditionally, the process takes approximately 2-4 weeks. Therefore, your patience is greatly appreciated.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Portland career website on www.linkedin.com to apply