If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Cygnet Systems is an established IT solution provider and a technology agnostic IT systems integrator with global experience in providing valuable business solutions. We provide cost effective and customized solutions which include IT Consulting, ERP services like Implementation, Upgrades, Roll‐out, Support and Product and Custom Application Development that meet unique customer requirements.
We are currently looking for a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator to be based in our office in Nairobi, Kenya. This is a great opportunity for a talented DBA to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and join an organization that’s at the start of implementing its new strategy.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, Windows Azure, or other technologies
- Install, configure and deploy new SQL Servers
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document the company’s database environment
- Manage Windows servers
- Provide application support to end users
- Build and deploy new Windows servers
- Bachelor’s Degree In IT, Software Engineering, IT Or Related Fields From A Recognized University
- Experience managing virtual servers using VMWare or HyperV platforms
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Microsoft SQL DBA Certification will be considered a big plus
- MCSE certification will be considered a plus
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database issues such as database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication amongst others.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Knowledge in a scripting language like PowerShell will be a plus
- At least 3 years’ experience in performing in a similar role
- Ability To Communicate Technical Issues With Non-Technical Users
- Sound Analytical, Interpersonal And Communication Skills
Method of Application
If you are interested to join our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com