If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Tribeka was established at the tail-end of 2011, and has been the preferred all-night scene in the Nairobi CBD. The swanky VIP section, Beka Lounge, sitting 150-180 guests opened its doors in Dec 2012 and is a popular choice for the urbane Nairobi professional hangout, private parties and corporate events. Located in Banda Street, Nairobi, Tribeka aspires to continue doing all kinds of awesome things and live up to its tagline ‘Your passport to Nairobi’s nightlife’.
An exciting yet challenging, opportunity has opened up for an accountant position at Tribeka holdings Limited, Nairobi.
Responsible for running accounting and control functions of the company and ensure proper funds management.
- Constantly review systems that will ensure efficient management of financial resources.
- Ensure timely and accurate accounting, reporting and analysis so as to help management in decision making.
- Ensure proper processing and receipting of all incomes including imprest surrenders.
- Monthly reconciliations of all debtors and creditors statements.
- Implementation of an effective system of internal control.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and external financial reporting requirements.
- Timely submission of monthly management reports including bank reconciliations.
- Ensure efficient revenue collection, disbursement, accounting and payment of statutory taxes and levies and their reporting to the relevant bodies.
- Ensure financial reports are prepared and submitted in compliance with the company guidelines and regulations.
- Prepare staff and wages payroll.
- Prepare management accounts, budgets and periodic financial performance reports for presentation to management.
- Preparing annual accounts and manage the auditing process.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensure implementation of SOPs in the department.
- Any other duties assigned by the HR/Director.
- Full CPA (K)/ ACCA or equivalent qualifications.
- A university degree in Accounting/Finance Business or a business related field will be an added advantage.
- At least Five (5) years of practical experience in a busy commercial organization in hospitality industry.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Have proven knowledge and work experience in computerized accounting system.
- Strong business acumen, people management and great eye for detail.
- Good communication and Leadership skills.
- Experience in use of computerized accounting package.
- Knowledge of procurement and stores accounting is essential.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should email their CV and Application letter only to; email@example.com Cc to firstname.lastname@example.org only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by COB December 26,2017.