If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Meru Herbs is a cooperative born in the framework of a large water project started in 1986. The Ng’uuru Gakirwe Water Project was created from community-based associations of farmers in the Tharaka-Nithi County, a semi-arid area on the eastern slopes of Mount Kenya. The irrigation scheme has reached 430 families after three expansion phases, the last one completed in 2001. This scheme allows Tharaka farmers to overcome subsistence agriculture and farm fruits and herbs that are processed in the factories and sold in the local and export market as Meru Herbs jams and teas.
The challenge of the Site Manager is to carry out the necessary performance in support of the factories’ activities aiming to foster Tharaka-Nithi agricultural development through a multi-sector intervention whose main targets will be the following ones: agriculture production, crops processing, sustainable energy, eco-tourism.
The Manager shall have a sound understanding of the overall program. He/she will coordinate and supervise the implementation of activities. In doing so, he/she will work in close co-operation with the staff and different MH Departments. Specifically, he/she is responsible for the following tasks:
- Ensures the effective implementation and monitoring of the activities and results;
- Prepares and forwards to the Director weekly, monthly work plans and progress reports for all the sectors, and about the situation in the field;
- In close co-operation with Meru Herbs administration, carries out a management and organizational needs assessment;
- With other team members (and communities), identifies program gaps and suggests to the staff the mitigating actions;
- Daily coordination and supervision of Human Resources, in close co-operation with the Director of Meru Herbs;
- Executes the strategies and plans agreed with the Management of Meru Herbs (Director and Administrator);
- Performs any other action related with the position needed to achieve Meru Herbs objectives;
- Steers and participates to periodical staff meetings.
- Diploma or degree in relevant field (Business Management, Agri-Business, Marketing);
- Excellent level of English and Swahili;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a Management or Administrative position in similar business environment;
- At least 1 year of field experience in development and rural areas;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Organizational, communication and leadership skills;
- Willingness to relocate in the surroundings of MH Base Camp, near Tunyai, Tharaka-Nithi County (accommodation within the Base Camp is available).
Method of Application
To apply to the above position please send your CV with at least two references and motivational letter to the email address email@example.com by Wednesday, 27th December 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.