If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a marketing-focused resulted oriented social business that uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide quality family planning and reproductive health services in more than 43 countries world-wide. Marie Stopes Kenya (MSK) is a non-profit social business, working with local partners and the government of Kenya to provide quality, affordable and accessible Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information and services. MSK is part of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) global partnership, and works to improve the health and quality of life of women, men, and their families.
The Driver will be responsible for driving MSK vehicles to transfer staff or visitors as well as to deliver/collect parcels as assigned.
The position reports to the Fleet and Logistics Officer.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI’s Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring the individuals right to**: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE**
It is a role requirement that the job holder must fully comply with, promote and live MSI CORE VALUES:
- Drive MSK vehicle(s) and execute the tasks as assigned by the Logistics Officer.
- Drive when needed for collection/delivery of goods, documents, mails, materials as assigned by the Logistics Officer
- Ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
- Inspect vehicle/motor bike every morning before departure.
- Perform daily checks on tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc and maintains a check list and be accountable for the items.
- Report promptly any defects and malfunctioning of the vehicle that require immediate attention to the Logistics Officer.
- Comply strictly with vehicle servicing schedules and notifies Logistics Officer two weeks in advance for booking purposes.
- Immediately report and inform the supervisor of vehicle/road accidents encountered and obtain police reports.
- Maintain the vehicle log sheet at all times.
- Refuel the vehicle as required.
- Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- Ensures all assigned vehicle movements are approved prior to trip.
- Ensure that the MSK vehicle(s) is only used for official/authorized business.
- Ensure that the keys are returned for safeguarding at the end of the day
- Assist in retrieving stationery, equipment etc from the warehouses.
- Assist in Labelling of the goods and shelving in the warehouse.
- Assist in Packing, labelling, loading of the goods to be dispatched through the appointed courier service provider
- Assist in Maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the warehouses
- Participate in cycle and stock counts in the warehouses.
- Participate in staging, put away and shipping of goods to and from warehouses.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Logistics Officer.
Skills and Experience
- Possess a Form 4 or Form 6 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education.
- Possess a clean and valid Driving License. Class ABCE and G (Vehicle and motorcycle
- Possess a Certificate of Good Conduct. Possession of a Defensive Driving Certificate and a Certificate of Competence from AA of Kenya.
Have at least 5 Years driving experience in a large organization
- Good command of the English and Kiswahili languages.
- Security and safety minded.
- A good knowledge of Nairobi and its environs and the whole of Kenya at large. >
Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. There are 13 key behaviours that MSI encourages in all employees and they are defined below:
- Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Effective Communication
- Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Working Efficiently
- Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing Information
- Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Focus on Learning
- Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Drive and determination to deliver results
- Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change
- Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Team Player
- Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Method of Application
Applications quoting the position title with a detailed CV, contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 21 December, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If we do not contact you by 30 January 2018, please consider yourself unsuccessful.