International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Reports To: TIS+ Team Leader
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of the endline tool kit and work plan, and ensure that tools include questions appropriate for contribution analysis;
- Assist with development of training materials and observe training sessions for focus group discussion and interview facilitators;
- Research and identify relevant key informants and conduct key informant interviews as assigned by Team Leader;
- Provide quality assurance for the data collection subcontractor, including reviewing translations in Somali and implementing quality control procedures;
- Analyze data using contribution analysis methodology and synthesize findings;
- Identify contribution stories relevant to all five clusters and provide key findings consistent with analysis of cluster level data and variables;
- Draft and review sections of the Endline Evaluation Reports and the Comparative Analysis report;
- Assisting in the development and presentation of findings to USAID and other key stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated, extensive experience in planning and conducting assessments and mixed-method evaluations;
- Experience with contribution analysis methodology, especially regarding community-based programming in insecure / fragile environments;
- Strong analytical skills to report comparative findings (across clusters) in a concise manner
- Expert knowledge of the past and current status of governance in South-Central Somalia;
- Knowledge of the design and implementation of instrumental case studies (“Why” and “How”) and stability phenomena in the Somalia context preferred;
- Experience with programming focused on Countering Violent Extremism preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in conducting assessments and mixed-method evaluations, including demonstrated experience using contribution analysis methodology;
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills required for working with multi-cultural, multi-lingual and multi-ethnic teams;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, political science, international relations or other relevant field required.
- Master’s degree or higher strongly preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel is required.