Nova Pioneer Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, they have done more than just imagine this future, they are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 8 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade.
Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Marketing & Brand gurus to help them share the Nova Pioneer story far and wide. They are searching for talented and inspiring individuals who are keen to inspire a passion for their mission in parents, students and the communities that they serve.
Nova have a range of roles available on the marketing team. You could do Brand & Admissions or External Relations:
Brand & Admissions: drive brand love by delivering an exceptional experience to prospective parents and help Nova meet their high targets as they grow. Content, engagement, and driving excellence are your forté!
External Relations: drive brand awareness through media, strategic partnerships, and events. Strategizing and executing on how to build the Nova Pioneer brand makes you tick.
If you are not sure which one is right for you but you’re interested in helping Nova achieve their marketing and admissions goals, then apply and they’ll help you navigate! This is an opportunity to create a transformative brand with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
ABOUT THE ROLES
The Marketing and Brand roles at Nova Pioneer are responsible for driving prospective parents and students to enroll in their schools. Depending on ideal candidate strengths and interests, they will join either the Brand and Admissions team or the External Relations team.
Areas of responsibility for these roles include
- Admissions Process Management and Data Tracking:
- Guiding applicants through the admissions pipeline, from application to admissions decision, in an organized and timely manner that reflects the Nova
- Pioneer brand with joy, energy, and innovation
Tracking and manipulating data in to empower the team to identify trends and customize their approach
- Brand-Building & Content Creation
- Organizing and executing events that encourage increased engagement with prospective families (and beyond!) and build the Nova Pioneer brand
- Designing and developing engaging content that tells the Nova story in an exciting way and enhances the brand. Building the brand digitally across a variety of social media platforms
- Advertising & Outreach
- Developing advertising and lead generation strategies by creatively designing engagements that optimize their effectiveness.
- Communicating the Nova Pioneer Difference and sparking that ‘wow’ experience, through media, PR, and experiential marketing
- Designing experiential interactions to and working systematically to ensure that these efforts are driving results.
- Understanding the customer mix to execute an effective engagement strategy based on this analysis.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2-3 years of working experience. Experience in marketing and communications is ideal but not required.
- Experience in a startup or in a company that gave you significant autonomy and responsibility is a plus!
- You are a great communicator: You are able to provide a clear and persuasive pitch to anyone and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are results driven: You are goal oriented, move fast and take ownership of work.
- You have strong skills working with data: You know how to structure data in a compelling way, analyze data to pull out key insights and trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- You have strong project management skills: You are able to juggle multiple tasks, provide support to junior level staff and meet deadlines and targets.
- You are entrepreneurial and empathetic. You are able to understand the various Nova Pioneer stakeholders and think creatively about how to effectively communicate to them.
- You have a track record of improving other people’s performance through coaching and build uncommonly strong relationships
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast?paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- You are excited about Nova’s organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nova Pioneer career website on www.linkedin.com to apply