Welcome to Uchumi Supermarkets Limited in Kenya, Your home of Value. Uchumi is the oldest supermarket chain in Kenya, currently celebrating 40 years. With shops in Nairobi, Karatina, Meru, Eldoret, Kericho, Mombasa and Kisumu .Uchumi continues to grow steadily with new branches coming near you.
In keeping with our current business needs, the Procurement Department has a vacancy for the position of Category Buyers reporting to the Head of Procurement.
Applications are hereby required from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position
The Buyer will form an integral part of the Procurement function in the achievement of Sales and Operational growth and productivity objectives of the Company by proactively reviewing the purchasing and supply chain management of the designated category and making appropriate recommendations and implementing changes in a timely manner.
- Approval of purchase orders up to the allowed value
- Review of category targets & strategy in line with the overall business strategy
- Setting up and reviewing trading terms with suppliers
- Supplier segmentation and rationalization
- Supplier relationship Management
- Review and authorize price changes from suppliers
- New items presentation & category ranging
- Category, savings, sales and margin analysis reports
- Market intelligence analysis
- Identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures, margins and volume rebates.
- Foster close working relationships with associated internal departments
- Bachelor of Commerce degree in Purchasing & Supply Chain, from a recognized University.
- CIPS (UK) Graduate Diploma, continuing professionals encouraged to apply
- Membership of Professional body in area of specialization, e.g. CIPS, KISM,
- At least three (3) years working experience in Procurement & Supply Chain
- Good working Knowledge in FMCG especially in the Retail sector
- An understanding of the relevant legislation, policies and standard procedures on procurement
- Experience in working with ERP systems is essential
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Effective planning and organizing skills
- Good business acumen and entrepreneurial skills
- Demonstrated high degree of integrity
- Team player and a collaborative approach within teams
Method of Application
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to deliver the role requirements, please submit your application and detailed CV indicating your current and expected remuneration three (3) referees, two of which should be former supervisors/employers Kindly forward your application to Recruitment@Uchumi.com indicating the job name as the subject. Closing Date: Wednesday 10th January 2018