Founded in 1979, ACF International (Action Against Hunger) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers programs in over 40 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts. From crisis to sustainability, Action Against Hunger tackles the underlying causes of malnutrition and its effects. By integrating our programs with local and national systems, we further ensure that short-term interventions become long-term solutions. With Head Offices in France, the United Kingdom, Spain, the United States and Canada, our international network shares its combined resources, breadth of experience and technical expertise in pursuit of a world without hunger.
Action Against Hunger has been present in Kenya since 2001. Currently the organization is implementing program activities in West Pokot, Isiolo, Bungoma, Busia, Trans Nzoia, Kakamega and Samburu.
Base: West Pokot
Direct line manager:
Head of Region Western
As soon as possible.
The roles and duties of the Logistics Officer will include:
- Objective 1: Management of the Base Logistics
- In accordance with the Logistics procedures and guidelines defined in the Kitlog V3:6
- Management of Logistics HR
- To line manage the logistics staff.
- Staff organization, and review of logistics staff job descriptions,
- Manage all Logistics recruitments at Base in collaboration with the Head of Region, Logistics Manager
- Conduct Logistics staff performance evaluations for logistics staff.
- Leave planning and approvals for logistics staff
- Supply chain management
- To validate purchase orders and external order forms,
- To supervise that the order follow-up is filled and dispatched to the different departments,
- To consolidate the monthly base orders and submit to Nairobi by 2nd of the following month,
- To supervise procurements (quality/price/procedures) for the Base,
- To supervise the stock management (storage conditions, stock reports, expiry dates…)
- To monitor the deliveries to the departments/bases/programmes
- Assist in setting up the framework agreements for various products
- Monitors the quality of ordered items and services, ensures minimum standards in collaboration with the HOR ensures proper sensitization of all teams
- Sets up and monitors that archiving is done correctly in the base
- Sets up good networking with local stakeholders, exchange on good practices, sensitization of suppliers on ACF policies and procedures
- Participates in supply related forums .
- Perform market assessment on local commodities, interacts and negotiates with suppliers
- Assessment of the local shops to understand their capacity to scale up.
- Evaluate prospective suppliers before signing them up to ensure they meet his organization’s needs.
- Maintaining and review all records of purchased goods, including their costs, type and inventories
- Equipment, Inventory and fleet management
- To supervise the allocation and the use of the equipment’s,
- To supervise the installation, maintenance and repairing of the equipment
- To supervise that the base equipment list is filled and up to date.
- Assets Management
- Stock Management.
- To supervise that the base Inventory list is filled and up to date.
- To supervise the use and the maintenance of the base generator including fuel consumption, regular service and reporting,
- To supervise the vehicle fleet planning:
- Validate the maintenance planning of the fleet
- Validate the weekly schedules as per program and support plans,
- Validate the motor cost follow-up
- Ensure administrative checking (Insurances, documentation…)
- Rehabilitation and maintenance
- To monitor the construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of all the structures related to the functioning of the base (programs, office, guest-house, warehouse…)
- Objective 2 : Management of Base Security in Liaison with the Head of Region
- In charge of the information collection and context analysis in collaboration with the Head of Region
- To elaborate and submit the base security plan to the Head of Region and Head of Logistics for approval
- To follow-up the implementation of the security rules and procedures on the base
- Objective 3 : Additional responsibilities
- Local authorities and partners representation
- To represent ACF for non-technical aspects on the base related to logistics
- To take charge the external communication
- Leading the logistics team at region:
- To stimulate the working relationships on the region by organizing and leading monthly/weekly meetings,
- Capacity strengthening of partners on various Logistics and procurement issues.
The above tasks are not limited and can be added to, modified or changed according to the changing needs of the department.
- Min. Bachelor’s degree in procurement / Supply chain / Logistics from recognized reputable University
- Graduate Diploma(Membership ) from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS)
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies management –KISM
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience in Logistics ,Procurement , and supply chain preferably in reputable INGO’s
- Remote management of teams.
- Computer skills: Excellent knowledge on software Good communication, teamwork, , knowledge of warehousing, stock management and control.
- Ability to effectively analyze different situations and make critical decisions based on analysis
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral as well as presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills; able to interact with different personalities and individuals while upholding and practicing Action Against Hunger’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Empowerment, Creativity and Excellence
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Proven Leadership skills
- Good stress management skills- Ability to work in a high pressured environment with minimum supervision
- Familiarity with donors and donor rules and regulations is a must
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Self-starter with a strong desire to promote and implement continuous improvement endeavors
- What Action Against Hunger will offer:
- Start date: As soon as possible.
Duty station: West Pokot
Remuneration package: Very Competitive salary package with additional benefits to include:
Career development opportunities with Action Against Hunger
Comprehensive medical cover for self and dependants
Opportunity to work in a good and friendly environment with a dynamic and motivated team
Method of Application
Applications, including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org