Head of Sales and Distribution at Equity Bank Limited
Posted on: 8 January, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Equity Bank Kenya
Equity Bank Limited is a public company listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange. Its main shareholders are Britak Investment Company Limited, Africap (a consortium of international development investors, principally International Finance Corporation - a private arm of the World Bank and European Investment Bank) and Equity Bank employees through the Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Go to Market and Sales Strategy for Equitel and EazzyPay Products and Services through effective management and coordination of market demand monitoring, planning and sales processes on time and within budget. This role will also entail establishing mutually beneficial strategic business relationships and partnerships in order to achieve the set revenue objectives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate market potential and formulate performance indicators for the different Equitel and EazzyPay revenue streams.
- Align the revenue indicators to the business revenue targets
- Develop monitoring and evaluation templates for revenue performance management.
- Develop and align revenue targets for each function in Finserve business unit to ensure achievement for the overall target.
- Identify strategic business partners and champion development of the relationships.
- Prospect and recruit new business partners aligned to the Finserve’s strategy and focus.
- Formulate and manage the implementation of business development plans for Finserve.
- Cross functional management and coordination of all activities within Finserve and the Bank in relation to activities being done with the business partners to ensure business growth
- Ensure all contracts are executed with Business partners prior to trading
- Define and agree the terminals implementation scope and translate this into requirements for the various portfolios.
- Development of the handset portfolio in line with Finserve’s strategic business direction.
- Management of the after sales support function and development of service level agreements to ensure adherence to quality standards for all terminals acquired by the business.
- Lead supplier negotiations with terminal vendors and third parties and get the best value for Finserve and provide view of handsets roadmap against business requirements.
- Champion the development and maintenance of effective and mutually beneficial relationships with different types of business channels.
- Develop prioritization tools for building relationships with key partners by ranking them. The 20% of highest potential clients to have 80% support, while the 80% to have 20% support.
- Ensure strict adherence to all contractual requirements in consultation with the Legal Business Partner.
- Ensure that the sales and business development team is adequately resourced to deliver against new business targets
- Prepare the GTM and Sales structure and align it within Finserve’s and Equity Group's direction.
- Enforce desired organizational culture within the team
- Ensure highest level of integrity through reinforcing high ethical and compliance standards in the terminals acquisition, sales and distribution processes.
- Report on the business performance across all revenue streams.
- Problem Solving and Designing
- Assessing and Evaluating
- Learning & Researching
- Influencing and Advising
- Writing /Drawing.
- Bachelors Degree in Sales and Marketing or a business management discipline
- 10 years hands - on experience in Sales Management & Business Development in a highly competitive commercial environment
- 5 Years' experience in management
- Good understanding of the Kenyan market, subscriber preferences and subscriber trends
- Experience in learning technology, enterprise applications or testing marketplace.
- Have strong business/financial acumen with experience developing metrics and pricing and compensation programs.
- Good product intuition.
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Good understanding of financial principles, understands financial ratios, can interpret standard financial statements
- Excellent contract negotiation experience and high rate at successfully closing deals
- Innovative, creative and resuls oriented
- Strong interpersonal and people skills
- A team worker with strong customer focus
- Strong communication/presentation skills
- Strong familiarity with business management
- Confident, self-assured, personable and presentable.
- Highly organized, conscientious and detail oriented
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application by attaching your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Equity Bank KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at NIC Bank
- Database Administrator at Co-operative Bank
- Ongoing Recruitment at Kenya Commercial Bank Limited - 5 Positions
- Operations Control Head at CitiGroup
- Job Opening at National Bank of Kenya
- Job Openings at Equity Bank Limited - 2 Positions
- Risk & Compliance Analyst at Cytonn Investments
- Sales Representative Interns at Odyssey Capital Solutions