We are a leading integrated financial services group on the African continent with a heritage of over 154 years. We have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa and a strategic partnership with ICBC. This unique footprint supports our strategy to connect African markets to each other and to pools of capital globally.
Operations: a range of essential and complex services to ensure processes across the bank work as effectively and efficiently as possible
Quality Assurance - Provide quality Service to our customers through Verification of inward cheques debiting their accounts.
Risk Management-Carry out proper /keen verification of cheque details to establish authenticity /correctness of drawing to enable passing, and detect any fraudulent transactions.
- Risk Management/ Loss control by ensuring :-
- Proper validation and verification of cheques to ensure that only valid instruments are paid.
- Confirmation of all cheques of Kshs 300,000.00 and above.
- Confirmation of all foreign currency cheques whose value is equivalent of Kshs 200,000.00 and above are confirmed depending on the prevailing exchange rates.
- Cheques cleared through Equity Bank for Kshs 100,000.00 and above are confirmed
- Keeping records of all call backs done in the prescribed manner.
- Unpaid cheques are processed within KBA timelines
- Transactional Risk Mitigation Unit (TRMU) officer to ensure unpaid/recalled cheques are forwarded to clearing department for flagging reconciliation
- A 100% validation on dividend cheques against customer post-print master files.
- Reconciliation of customers’ dividend payments accounts and reporting
- Maintenance of customers’ post-print master files.
- Support the team with dividend payments customer queries and investigations.
- Forward the day’s total count of transactions done to enablement team for MIS metrics system capture.
- Responsible for the implementation and adoption of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes.
- Risk and Compliance
- Limit potential losses to the bank by ensuring that laid-down procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Adhere to all applicable laws, regulations, group policies and procedures.
- Carry out Business continuity Test as assigned.
- Report suspected cases of money laundering to the compliance officer.
- Adhering to Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with partnering business units.
- Adhering to telephone etiquette standards.
- Attending to queries within 48 hours.
- Ensuring that work is processed timely and accurately.
- Adhering to customer requests.
- Preferred Qualification And Experience
- Degree holder from a recognized University (min – 2nd class upper or equivalent).
- Professional Qualifications
- Banking examinations desirable.
- Exposure to other bank operations is desirous
1 – 2 Years banking experience, with exposure to operations.
- A broad understanding of the bank’s procedures and policies and the application of the Group Reference Guide with particular emphasis on the fulfilment environment, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice. Understanding of service and Managing Local Market sales initiatives
- Computer Literacy
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Bank Group career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply