World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Purpose Of The Position
To facilitate the Accounts department in maintaining proper record keeping, bank correspondence, banking services and transportation of finance staff. Responsible for issuing of cheques to suppliers and retrieving sampled audit documents.
- Safe keeping of all documents generated in the three departments of Finance, Accounts and Grants.
- Receive all documents in a sequential manner on a daily basis
- Serialise the files
- File the documents
- Move the documents in a safe custody. Here they will be readily available for reviews when requested.
Receive all supplier cheques delivered from the bank and ensuring that they are kept under key & lock
- Inform the vendors and staff to collect their cheques upon receipt
- Issue cheques to the rightful owners only
- Make sure all the cheques collected are signed for
Deliver all correspondences to either banks or other business partners as required
- Make all deliveries as required by the office to rightful owners
- Make sure there is evidence of delivery by having our copies signed or stamped.
Facilitate the office in cheque cashing and depositing .for our petty cash.
- Facilitating movement of payments vouchers between the different bank signatories
Facilitate sale of tenders
- Cheques and cash received from tender sales are deposited to the organisations account immediately.
- Receipting all the tender sales
Proper maintenance of the vehicle by making sure that it is clean and always serviced on time
- Make sure the vehicle is taken to Toyota Kenya to be serviced on time
- make sure the vehicle is always clean and has fuel at any given time
- Ensure the vehicle is repaired when it has mechanical problem
Facilitate the organization in remitting PAYE and WITHHOLDING tax deductions on time
- Retrieve the PAYE and WT payment supporting documents
- Make copies or scan then hand them to the paying unit for payment unit.
- Submit returns KRA on or before 9th of the following month(PAYEE) and WITHOLDINGTAX on or before 20th of the following month
Document retrieval for reviews
- Facilitate all the staff that may have discrepancies in either their payments or suppliers by availing the documents for verification.
Facilitate both the internal and the external auditors with any documents sampled for review upon request
- All the documents are always assembled ,recorded and handed over to the respective auditors for review
- After review they are verified before they are filed again
Facilitating staff to field visits
- Ready to facilitate finance staff who may want to visit any field office in any part of the country
Invoicing of other partners
- Assembling, making copies or scanning documents that are needed for -invoicing other partners or staff.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Perform other duties as required.
- Strong leadership and demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, prioritize tasks and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- A Degree in Records Management, Business Administration or a related study.
- Must demonstrate hands on experience of filling/documentation and familiarity with the various filling systems.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in records management or related administrative roles
- Holders of driving license (BCE) certificate and certificate of good conduct.
- Holders of AA Certificate of competence desired
- Past experience in accounting computer packages, especially sun system
- Experience working in grant related programs.
- Experience on defensive driving and similar work experience in a large organization will have added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Office-based with
- Travel: 10% domestic/international travel required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya career website on careers.wvi.org to apply