If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) was incorporated on 2nd December 2008 and registered under the Companies Act, Cap 486 pursuant to Sessional paper No. 4 of 2004 on Energy.
KETRACO is 100% Government owned and being a state corporation, it is regulated under the State Corporations Act, Cap 446.
To ensure timely and efficient procurement of goods and service management of stores and administration of contracts.
- Degree will be an added a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management;
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management;
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience;
- Good communications, problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Projects management skills;
- Work knowledge in an SAP environment will be desirable.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of strategies and plans to enhance the procurement, warehousing and logistics services and projects implementation;
- Assist in coordination and development of organizations annual procurement and disposal plans in liaison with other departments and guide in its implementation;
- Assist in advising the organization in the development of procurement and supply chain policies and procedures manuals;
- Assists in development of an effective contract management system for the organization;
- Assist in development of an effective and efficient warehousing management for the organization;
- Assist in development of an effective and efficient projects management and operations for the organization;
- Oversee the preparation of tender documents, request for proposals, and advise user departments in preparations of procurement6 specifications for various goods, services and works;
- Ensure efficient maintenance of archival of supply chain records;
- Ensure and facilitate the implementation of IFMIS e-procurement in the organization;
- Ensure the organization gets maximum value from contract arrangements through performance management of suppliers;
- Ensure security, proper storage and warehousing of organizations stores;
- Ensure the implementation of cost effective disposal policies and procedures for obsolete stores and equipment ensure the organization is adequately resourced by
- professional and competent personnel;
- Assist in development of processes to track performance, supervision and appraisal of supply chain staff performance.
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 19th January, 2018 at 4.30pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport addressed to: –
The Managing Director,
Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited,
KAWI COMPLEX, 4th Floor, Popo Lane, South C, off Red Cross Road,
P.O. Box 34942 – 00100,