Area Sales Manager at Cipla Kenya
Posted on: 9 January, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at Cipla
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Cipla is a global pharmaceutical company which uses cutting edge technology and innovation to meet the everyday needs of all patients. For over 80 years, Cipla has emerged as one of the most respected pharmaceutical names in India as well as across more than 100 countries.
Manage the Area Sales team through positive planning and deployment and builds rapport with key customers and expands customer base to achieve sales financial objectives, customer satisfaction and market share for the assigned area in alignment with the overall objectives of the Commercial team.
- Achieve Sales Target for the Area in alignment with the Overall commercial plan
- Ensure systems are in place to allow sales team to receive their sales targets as per the predefined budget
- Responsible for the achievement of volume, revenue and profit targets in territory
- Initiate changes to use existing resources and forecast changing requirements and recommending changes as necessary
- Ensure sales plan implementation – tracks, pushes and motivates sales team, reports and evaluates the progress together with the sales team and adjusts the plan
- Observes the performance of each Sales Representative and coaches in the field on a regular basis
- Directs selling activities within the Area inclusive of Resource Deployment.
- Interacts with team on a regular basis and personally guides them as necessary.
- Develops and manages Stake holder relationships within and outside the Cipla
- Maintains and expands customer base by counselling sales representatives, builds rapport with key customers and identifies new customer opportunities
- Interacts with line managers to ensure Sales meets the needs of the business
- Ensures alignment with customer and stakeholder policy and procedure
- Ensures SLAs are in place and are adhered to and refined.
- Engages and consults stakeholders to determine timelines for Area Sales requirements
- Interacts with difficult customers and tries to resolve dissatisfaction
- Ensures communication of key issues and sales information with senior management
- Lead a motivated and effective sales team to achieve the sales target for the Area
- Ensures implementation of HR processes and procedures
- Motivates and leads the team of representatives by setting a personal example
- Coaches and mentors the sales representatives to achieve difficult goals and helps resolve problems
- Ensures adequate sales process and product training for all team members
- Prioritizes tasks and ensures resource deployment as necessary
- Counsels poor performers and enables them by providing necessary support
- Develops individual development plans and conducts performance reviews
- Facilitates knowledge and skill transfer and fosters team building
- Responsible for recruitment, assessment of team members
- Implement Sales and Marketing Agenda in the territory and track sales financial management
- Achieves area sales operational objectives by contributing area sales information and recommendations
- Implements productivity, quality and customer service standards
- Completes audits and identifies trends
- Tracks monthly cost centre spend
- Meet Area Sales financial objectives through forecasting requirements and preparing the budget and then scheduling expenditures and variations.
- Educational qualifications: Bachelors degree in biomedical / natural sciences. Diploma in Business Management or a qualification with specialization in Sales and Marketing
Minimum 5 years of experience in the Pharma industry and ability to manage and motivate a large sales team
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cipla career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CiplaSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Cashier at KAM Pharmacy Ltd