If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Shortlist works in India and East Africa to help growing enterprises hire based on skills and potential, rather than pedigree. Shortlist recently acquired Spire Education in a unique merger that we expect to unlock the potential of both companies. Spire, founded in 2013, has been a pioneer in the East African talent development space, working with dozens of companies to equip employees with the skills needed to succeed in diverse workplaces. Now, our combined enterprise can more seamlessly support talent-forward organizations across the spectrum, from recruiting to onboarding to on-the-job training.
Shortlist is seeking a Business Development Executive to scale the business in line with its ambitious growth objectives. A successful candidate will be accountable for managing the full sales cycle including prospecting, contacting, nurturing and closing deals. Their ability to excel in this role will provide the opportunity to onboard and manage a team of sales associates.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual who enjoys building relationships and closing deals. It’s a great fit for someone who is eager to turn networks into opportunities in a fast-growing startup. This role also provides a successful candidate the opportunity to earn an aggressive commission structure.
- Sales execution
- Identify and generate leads through networking, events, and business associations
- Critically evaluate and rank leads to focus on those with the potential to turn into sales
- Manage the full sales cycle, including prospecting, contacting, nurturing and closing deals
- Drive profitability by achieving/surpassing set quarterly targets; use a data driven approach to track your performance against targets
- Relationship management
- Build relationships with decision makers in large and small scale organisations with the aim of deriving sales opportunities or referrals
- Seek to understand businesses and their challenges to effectively advise on products that could be adopted
- Coordinate with individuals within the organisation to obtain their support in various stages of the sales process
- Work internally to help the operations team understand client needs and preferences
- Sales strategy
- Map and prioritise opportunities to strengthen the organisation’s pipeline of long and short term deals
- Propose adjustments to the organisation’s offering based on failed leads and feedback from the market
- Provide input in the definition of organisational annual sales targets and expectations
Does this sound like you?
- Have at least 4 years proven experience in consultative sales experience
- Proficient in the use of CRM systems
- Have an existing network of potential clients
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Have outstanding presentation and facilitation skills
- Attentive to detail
- Have a ‘roll-up your sleeves’ attitude
- Have excellent listening skills
- Passion for people
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Shortlist Professionals career website on www.linkedin.com to apply