DPC Consulting - Our client, located in the heart of Karen, The Waterfront Karen is dedicated to offering a world class shopping and lifestyle experience within a safe, environmentally responsible atmosphere. We are working in partnership with a stellar team of designers to deliver the highest standards of amenities and safety throughout our development to over 100 retail outlets centered around 5 Acres of landscaped waterfront.
The Waterfront Karen promises to be the go-to lifestyle and family entertainment destination in East Africa, offering an unforgettable experience to everyone, every time. To read more about Worldreader, please visit www.thewaterfrontkaren.com
The Waterfront is seeking an experienced mall manager to oversee and ensure efficiency of Mall operational procedures and maximize revenue by attracting consumers to The Waterfront Karen. He/She will be involved in setting the strategy for the mall, including tenant relations, leasing, marketing and facilities management. Working closely with the BoD, they will be responsible for ensuring optimum performance of the asset, budget forecasting & reporting.
- Oversee ALL mall operations including property asset management, tenant coordination, customer service, facilities management, housekeeping and maintenance.
- Maintain high-quality property standards through implementing toolkits for daily checks/testing and preventive maintenance, security control for the mall premises including car parking, service areas, washrooms and other common areas.
- Cultivate positive rapport with ALL tenants, suppliers & contractors.
- Maintain positive working relationships with the Residents Association, Municipal service providers including County Government, Police, Civil Defense, and Fire & Emergency Services.
- Develop a forecast business plan within 6 weeks of the appointment for onward BoD Approval & implementation.
- Work with Leasing Agents to ensure Mall occupancy targets are met and maintained and champion tenant relations and retention strategies to ensure stable revenue streams.
- Maintain up-to-date statutory records and documentation for mall-related (insurance, completion certificates, approvals) and tenant-related (lease contracts, trade licenses, insurance, approved drawings, permits).
- Develop activations and initiatives to retail drive foot traffic working jointly with the Mall Marketing Team.
- Oversee timely revenue collection ensuring revenues and expenses are in line with forecasted budgets.
- Ensure proper tenant mix is maintained at all times in the mall in line with the business plan objectives and maintain maximum footfall to the mall.
- Identifying ‘other’ revenue opportunities to maximize income for the Landlord.
- Prepare Monthly Reports on retail centre key performance metrics as agreed with the Landlord.
- Ensuring property related and public liability statutory obligations are complied with at all times.
- Effectively creating a culture of customer service excellence based on continuous improvement and productivity.
- Ensuring efficiency and expense control for all operational procedures of the Mall optimizing internal resources at all times.
- Building customer loyalty through in-mall experience and effective utilization of social media.
- Risk management & preventative maintenance.
- Any other duties as directed by the BoD from time to time.
- Ten (10) years professional experience with three (3) to five (5) years in senior management.
- Retail Management OR Property Management experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Capacity to build a sustainable position in the market.
- Experience in both retail and commercial real estate with emphasis on retail developments a plus
- Project management experience a plus
- Should be a person of high integrity, persistence and humility
- Must be a strategic and innovative thinker.
- Should possess excellent communication and social skills.
Method of Application
If you possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position, please apply for the vacancy by emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th February 2018 by 5:00p.m. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.