If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme is well known internationally for its work in improving global health. The Programme has a diverse clinical research programme that includes clinical trials of disease prevention, vaccines, management of acute illness, basic science and translation of research finding into global health policy.
A KEMRI-CCR, PHRD (Thika) Project. based in Thika is currently conducting clinical trials and is looking for motivated individuals to fill in the following positions:
Job Purpose: Provide leadership and support to the clinic team and ensure participants are managed good as per the study protocol and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Promote Good Clinical Practice in the conduct of clinical studies by adhering to study protocol requirements, protecting the rights and welfare of participants, assuring the integrity of data generated and directing the conduct of the clinical investigation according to regulations, SOPs and guidance documents;
- Oversee clinic personnel performing study specific tasks and procedure;
- Provide medical input at all stages of the project lifecycle that includes development of study protocols, study submission documentation (informed consent form, study recruitment, review of eligibility to study entry, reporting of adverse events, study closure and end of study report review and writing;
- Ensure that a signed consent form is secured from and signed by the subject prior to the initiation of any study specific procedures;
- Provide leadership, training, mentoring and guidance to clinical staff in all aspects of trial conduct and project orientation so that staff perform their duties in compliance with SOPs and guidance documents
- Provide input into the development of communication plans, training presentation, Case Report Forms (CRFs), source document worksheets, and other project-specific tools;
- Ensure that clinic procedures relating to the safe-keeping and confidentiality of source documents and the tracking of sample use permissions are followed and maintained;
- Assess study subjects and participate in medical decisions;
- Development of SOPs to guide study personnel;
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor;
- At least a degree in medicine and surgery (MBCHB)
- Must have valid retention certificate from KMPDB
- Good IT skills
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Must have successfully completed one (1) year of internship
- Must have three (3) years’ experience in a clinic/ hospital set up
- Must have experience as a study physician within a clinical research environment
Terms of Employment: Employment is on a one year renewable contract with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Method of Application
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23rd February 2018.
- All applicants must meet each selection criteria detailed in the minimum requirements
- Must include a current CV with names of at least 2 referees.
- Must include copies of academic and professional certificates
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. kemri does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. if asked for a fee, report such request immediately.