Founded in Mombasa in 1972, The Tamarind Group owns and operates some of the most successful restaurants and leisure operations in Africa.
The group focuses on its original mission of continually improving the quality and value of its services, developing an excellent morale among its employees and maintaining a superior level of social and environmental awareness.
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of all security equipment and ensure they are used only as intended.
- Inspect team members and service providers, including their belongings upon entrance to and exit from the hotel and as per established guidelines.
- Inspect and ensure the safety and legitimacy of all deliveries to the hotel. Advice the Security Manager of any discrepancies in deliveries of supplies against receipt book and of any suspicious activity
- Resolve internal/external guest complaints arising from security and safety issues, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of hotel room count, group arrivals, VIP’s, special events, and hotel team member job responsibilities.
- Record pertinent information in department daily log book, and communicate urgent matters immediately to the Security Manager.
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time
Required skills and Competencies:
- College Graduate or equivalent experience
- Certificates in Fire Safety and First Aid
- 1 year experience as a security guard
- Military or police experience is a plus
- Prior experience in a hotel or hospitality environment is a plus
- Be able to prioritize, organize, and follow-up.
- Be a clear thinker and be able to remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
Method of Application
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is 27th February 2018
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For any further questions about this vacancy, Visit our website at www.Tamarind.co.ke. Please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail email@example.com