Living Goods supports a network of over 1,500 micro-entrepreneurs in Kenya who provide high quality, high impact community health care while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook-stoves, and solar lights. As part of the Branch Team, you will play a key role in supporting Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) to deliver high quality health care to their communities and generate sales of critical products.
If you are a natural entrepreneur who loves creating an impact in health and selling life-saving products, you could be Living Goods’ next Assistant Branch Manager!
To be successful in this role you must be able to motivate others, have strong business skills, and want to be part of a cutting edge team that is setting the bar on improving health impacts in a sustainable way.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Recruit, train and manage Community Health Volunteers.
- Motivate Community Health Volunteers to achieve sales targets and health impact goals.
- Ensure all Community Health Volunteers know and follow health protocols (esp. diagnosis and treatment).
- Support Community Health Volunteers in learning and using correctly their smartphones and the health-centered Android apps.
- Implement marketing and promotional efforts to support Community Health Volunteer sales.
- Manage inventory: Ensure no stock-outs and ensure management on First In/First Out; First Expiry/First Out basis.
- Manage the financial operations, ensuring the books balance; cash matches sales daily.
- Manage credit: deposit, timely repayments, rigorous reporting.
- Build strong community relations.
- Conduct regular refresher trainings to Community Health Volunteers.
- Health related diplomas and degrees are preferred.
- Ideally at least 1 year experience in health / community / business related work.
- Team player with drive for results.
- Ability to mentor and coach Community Health Volunteers.
- Ability and willingness to interact with community elders and clients.
- Willingness to work extensively in the field.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- A good communicator with excellent public speaking skills
- Ability to market and sell life-changing products.
- General computer proficiency.
- Experienced in handling micro-credit a plus.
- Luhya, Kisii, Kikuyu, Kalenjin, Luo speaking is an added advantage.
- Passionate about working with poor rural households in remote areas.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance, vacation, and a bonus opportunity. The opportunity to enter an exciting career path within a fast and growing mission driven team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Living Goods career website on www.linkedin.com to apply