If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Branch is a for-profit socially conscious company based in San Francisco and Nairobi. They use technology to dramatically reduce the cost of delivering financial services in emerging markets. Their first product is credit. Branch is like a bank in your pocket, there for you at all times.
Branch International is looking for a Chief Accountant!
The Chief Accountant will report to the Finance Manager-Africa and Financial Controller USA. This will be a permanent role that will involve, accounting, reporting and analysis as well ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance.
The Chief Accountant will be required to take charge of timely preparation of final financial reports in Netsuite, complex and technical accounting, cash reconciliation and managing statutory audits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organization and management of accounting operations across all subsidiaries.
- Reviewing & approving payment vouchers and journal entries as well as ensuring timely closing of accounts
- Performing comprehensive reviews of consolidated Balance Sheet and P&L in compliance with US GAAP & IFRS
- Reviewing supplier, cash and bank reconciliations
- Establishing consistent and effective accounting policies, structures, processes, systems and internal controls across subsidiaries
- Ensuring compliance with all accounting,tax, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Taking charge of all internal and external annual audits
- Participating in budget preparation and developing accounting inputs for financial models, analyses and dashboard reports to support strategic initiatives
- Performing any other tasks as assigned by the management/leadership team
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce/Business (Accounting or finance option) or any other related field from a recognized university.
- Have attained full accounting qualifications (CPAK and ACCA)
- A Master’s Degree in either Accounting/Finance is an added advantage.
- 5+ years experience in Financial leadership role in a financial services firm
- Experience working with accounting software, Netsuite, Quick books, Pastel, Sage, Oracle
- Highly analytical with high proficiency in Ms Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, Creative and a self-initiator, Super Organized & Results focused
- Able to work with short timelines on deliverables and multiple request at a time
- Comfortable with Start-up environment; Aggressive goals and targets, Open company culture, Flat company structure and strong Team spirit
- SQL knowledge a plus
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Branch career website on www.linkedin.com to apply