If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Busara is a behavioral science research and advisory organization that conducts projects across a wide range of sectors and disciplines, including financial inclusion, health, and governance.
In four years, we have grown from four people in our Nairobi office to over 100 across the region. We are a US 501(c)3 nonprofit with our main operations in Kenya, a new office in Uganda, and active projects in Tanzania, Nigeria, Ethiopia, and Ghana.
Busara has dozens of clients across the private sector, NGO, and academic realms. The Accounts Receivable Assistant is the primary driver of Busara’s Accounts Receivable function in Kenya, the US, and any other locations where Busara receives funds.
The Accounts Receivable Assistant is responsible for keeping up to date records of all pending and paid disbursements from clients, ensuring that clients are invoiced on time and reminded of late payments, and ensuring that all payments are received in the correct account and according to contract, without additional deductions for foreign exchange or transfer fees.
The position is also responsible for additional finance and accounting duties within finance department as may be directed. The ideal person should be a CPA with accounting experience, is a proactive communicator, and has a high level of attention to detail.
- Maintain an up to date record of all accounts receivable that is continually accessible to the Senior Accountant and senior management
- Continually liaise with the US-based part time accountant to stay up to date on funds received
- Process incoming payments in compliance with Busara’s financial policies and procedures
- Review all client contracts before they are sent out
- Maintain excellent records of all client contracts and amendments
- Prepare invoices in line with Busara’s financial policies and guidelines
- Update and reconcile the accounts receivable ledger in the financial management system
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues in a timely manner
- Regular reporting on accounts receivable status on scheduled basis
- Coordinate with Finance and Accounting Manager on the cash projection process
- Perform any additional finance and accounting duties within finance department as maybe directed
- Attend to all accounts receivable inquiries, clarifications, or requests from project teams
- Maintain the VAT accounts for Busara
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- CPA or equivalent professional qualification
- Accounts Receivable experience preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Prior experience with client contracts preferred
- Experience making journal entries in accounting software
- Excellent written communication
- High level of attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of relevant accounting procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Busara Center career website on busara.workable.com to apply