If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Kenyan nationals for the following position:
Reports to: Base Manager Marsabit
Direct Reports: Head Driver
Starting Salary of the Pay Grade - Kes 108,870
Fixed Term One (1) Year Contract renewable subject to availability of funds and performance
Medical Cover (Principal + 2 Dependants)
Group Life Assurance Cover
Group Personal Accident Cover
To oversee the transport function for Concern Marsabit, Kenya and assist with all logistics functions when required. The Senior Logistics Officer will ensure that the transport function adheres to Concern Worldwide transportation guidelines as per the Concern Global Transport and Fleet Manual and will ensure that Concern is compliant with all local transport requirements and regulations. S/he will also when the need arises, assist with management of Concern Marsabit’s procurement activities and shall ensure that all logistics staff adhere to all Concern Logistics procedures and best practices at all times.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementation of Concern’s Transport Policy and Global Transport and Fleet Manual in Concern’s areas of operation and ensure all is in line with local laws.
- Along with the Logistics Officer (Procurement) ensure all procurement is in line with local laws and guidelines stipulated in the Concern Procurement Manual.
- Ensure all staff are versed in all guidelines and procedures as per Concern Worldwide Procurement, Warehouse and Transport Manuals.
- Scheduling and planning the use, movement, maintenance and repair of vehicles / motorbikes and thereby facilitating the most cost effective delivery of transport services to Concern’s programmes in Kenya.
- Reports: Ensuring the completion and compilation of the Monthly Transport Reports for both Concern vehicles and all rental vehicles. These reports will include analysis of transport performance across the country programme including fuel analysis and all KPI’s.
- Staff Management: Assist the Base Manager with managing Concern Drivers in Marsabit and liaise with drivers based in field locations at all times including managing their work schedules.
- Fuel, oil and lubricant management: Ensuring the correct and controlled issuing of fuel, oil and lubricants according to existing Concern logistics procedures.
- Ensure all controls and management are adhered to in programme areas where fuel is issued either from a local contracted garage or where Concern fuel storage is in operation.
- Authorizes all fuel issuing vouchers
- Management of Concern’s vehicle/motorbike spare parts according to agreed procedures (where applicable) ensuring that all storage in line with guidelines stipulated in the Concern Warehouse and Commodities Manual.
- Vehicle Servicing Management. Along with the Head Driver manage and keep track of all vehicle service schedules. Reports include job card summary reports - updating all job cards for work carried out on all vehicles / motorbikes, Spare Parts stock reports (where applicable).
- Assist the Logistics Officer with the planning of procurement of spare parts, fuel and other transport requirements.
- Maintain transport records for all vehicles in accordance with Concern and donor requirement.
- Ensuring that all Concern transport forms are in use in Marsabit and Concern’s programme areas and that all forms are accurately completed at all times according to agreed timelines and procedures.
- Carrying out regular visits to the programme location to monitor logistics systems.
- Assist with any other logistics activities when the need arises in Marsabit.
- Responding to Emergencies:
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
- Programme Participant Protection Policy
- Adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
- A degree in Logistics, Operations Management, Business Administration, Management or relevant field
- At least two (2) years’ experience working with an NGO or UN Agency in a similar role. Experience with health and safety in Transport
- Working knowledge of 4 x 4 vehicles, vehicle spare parts, transport logistic systems, including procurement and stores management
- Excellent report writing, communication, interpersonal, organisation and negotiation skills
- Competency in the use of computer applications i.e. Microsoft Word & Excel
- Kenyan driving license. Motor bike riding license is an added advantage
- Willing to travel, flexible, adaptable and with an ability to work under pressure
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Kiswahili. Fluency in the local languages is an added advantage.
- A team player, flexible and with an ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure and to make quick rational decisions
- Experience in accounting/budgeting, stock control and compiling inventories
- Facilitation skills to train staff on logistics systems
- Ability to manage time and work effectively without constant supervision
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and cover letter only to email@example.com with the subject of the email as ‘Senior Officer Logistics Marsabit’. The closing date for applications is Sunday, 25th February 2018. Each application should include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.