If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Few companies founded in 1902 are still going from strength to strength. Fewer still are leaders in more than 55 markets. And with one billion adult smokers around the world, we manufacture the cigarettes chosen by around one in eight of them. We take our business and our impact very seriously.
Job number 20695BR
Appointment type Permanent
Job purpose and key deliverables
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for an Area Information&Insights Manager to join our team in Nairobi.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Increase the focus and yield of marketing investment understanding of mechanisms of the market place
- Manage the analysis of data and generation of business insights on market trends and dynamics, including the effective integration of Market Insights, Consumer Insights research, and Trade Marketing Insights in reports and analyses. Identify and implement new analytical techniques.
- Monitor/ anticipate competitors’ strategic moves by developing and maintaining a competitor analysis network and supporting information system to enable competitive business scenario modelling
- Ensure that all relevant marketing information is available to meet company business needs through the maintenance and development of appropriate marketing information systems
- Integrate and analyse secondary information related to competitors, consumers, customers, brand, trade, regions and touchpoints
- Manage the integrity and accuracy of Retail Audit information, as well as the verification against our internal TM&D systems
- Recommend and monitor KPI’s for brands, customer and consumer segments, regions, cluster, end markets, ECA area and share them across organisation
- Propose goals and KPI’s for external parties (e.g. secondary data sources) and track ongoing results
- Manage budget for Marketing Insights initiatives, specially those related to external business information suppliers to ensure synergy, prioritisation of spend, highest level of quality and cost efficiency
- Ensure company Marketing staff and other stakeholders are provided with appropriate training in the understanding and effective use of market information and systems.
- Ensure the correct application of the relevant ORACLE methodologies and best practices within the company
- Ensure analyses and reporting on the outcomes of all key marketing decisions based on market insights in quantifiable business performance terms
- Support the marketing leadership team in the development of focused strategies through leveraging marketing insights and ensuring implementation through support and consultation with key stakeholders.
- Identify and address key strategic issues as they relate to the performance of the Tobacco Category, by providing strategic insight that capitalise on the consumer dynamics.
- Post graduate degree in Business/ Marketing Management, Econometrics, Economics or Statistics
- Highly IT literate and versed in specialist analytical packages
- Fluent English language ability, both verbal and in writing
- Broad overall business awareness and an understanding of the inter-relationship between business functions
- High level of attention to detail, thorough analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative), rational decision-making, objectivity and creativity
- In-depth understanding of the inter-relationship between different consumer and trade research data sources and sample structures, i.e. strengths and limitations. Application thereof in the development of business insights
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Good report writing skills; logical, structured, and concise
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence the planning process
- Effective communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Project management skills
- Motivating, coaching and developing people
- Strong interpersonal skills and being a ‘team player’ are essential.
- Oracle methodologies / MR&I common platforms and best practices
- Experience in managing a research/information budget and in selecting and managing external suppliers (IT and analysis agencies).
- Experience in interpreting marketing information data and presenting conclusions to senior management.
Desirable requirements Advanced Excel User
Working at BAT British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice — whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
There’s no doubt our industry is controversial — we’re the first to admit that. But rest assured, we take a responsible approach to our trade. In each of our markets, we observe every local law regarding tobacco (in many cases going further through our own voluntary code). Not only that, we treat our farmers fairly, invest in the environment and help to sustain local communities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to British American Tobacco (BAT) career website on krb-xjobs.brassring.com to apply